1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What color S5 looks the best?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Zerg, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Zerg

Zerg Newbie

I have decided that the S5 will be my new phone. But I can't decide between the black or the white. What color did you choose and what do you think looks the best?

Advertisement

2. axel_2078

axel_2078 Android Enthusiast

3. SporkLover

SporkLover Android Enthusiast

4. saltyduck

saltyduck Member

I got white because my last phone was black and I like to switch it up a little. But really once you get the case, does it matter?

5. axel_2078

6. Zerg

Zerg Newbie

I'll probably go with a black phone too. Those cases look really good. I will either go with one of those or a flexible TPU case like this one... Amazon.com: Spigen

7. saltyduck

saltyduck Member

I have one with a flip cover which I like but it kinda gets in the way sometimes.

8. ODAWG82

ODAWG82 Lurker

I really like the electric blue phone but as of now its not sold in the US here. Any body know when it will be sold. I have about a week to decide as if i go upgrade now through best buy i can get a free tab 3 as well with it.

I would hate to settle and then a month later they start to sell the other colors.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Odawg

9. axel_2078

You can always get the electric blue case from Spigen.

ODAWG82 likes this.
  10. dcap0187

dcap0187 Well-Known Member

my s3 and s4 were white so i went black for s5.

11. ODAWG82

ODAWG82 Lurker

Yeah, but I don't think I want to use a case. If I buy from Best buy they will replace damages phones for free if you buy their insurance plan which is 1$ cheaper then buying it through sprint.

12. victek

victek Android Enthusiast

Not much. I wanted it in black but got white because it was all the store had at the time. I put a black case on it and only a little white can be seen surrounding the screen, which I actually quite like. I previously had a black phone + black case and it was pretty blah to look at.

13. jrowlings

jrowlings Well-Known Member

If I used a case, I would get black. Often with a case, bits of the phone show and I think white looks odd poking through. However... I don't use a case... and I think the white caseless phone looks cooler.

14. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

Guess I am too dull for the color freaks.

Every phone I buy is in Famous Black except for the early Nokia's which were that ugly bronze color with screens that were invisible in sunlight.

Just yesterday, I had to use my GS5 out in bright sun, wasn't the best screen display, but it was very usable.

I remember the old LCD displays, the brighter the sun, the better you could see them.

15. jack58

jack58 Android Expert

I got the black and since it is bla... I got the S-View Flip case for it.
    Crummy color choices this time... here in the Tacoma / Seattle area with AT&T, we only had black or white to choose from. :dontknow:
    Samsung went cheap this time around on color choices.
    I really miss the Samsung red ones in the past... those look really good and I had those, still have the red blackjack 2 & S3 ones.
    I had bought the S4 red one first then decided to go for more features and took it back for the S5. I even considered going to another brand like the Nokia 1520. Samsung almost lost me because of not having red.
    Sorry, I like RED! :rolleyes:

16. AZgl1500

What does it matter the color, most of us put them in a case.

17. ODAWG82

ODAWG82 Lurker

But that's the thing, I don't plan on putting it in a case and don't want too..

18. jack58

jack58 Android Expert

True... I even said that more than once, but... if the S5 was RED, I wouldn't put a case on it. :D

I didn't have a case on my red S3 and I've had it for almost two years and still not a scratch or smudge anywhere on it. I didn't put a case on my red blackjack 2 either. Since the S5 is rather bland, I put the S-View Flip case on it.

19. mikedt

mikedt 你好

What colour shirt should I buy, which looks the best? OK. ...it's all about personal preference and what you like isn't it? But obviously you might be limited by the choice available.

I bought a black phone this time. had a white one previously.

20. AZgl1500

IF Samsung had put a Neck Strap tie point on the S5, my phone would not be in a case either.

The 'S' phone is the last one "to my knowledge" that they put that little gadget on.
    A severe bad judgment call IMO to leave that off. so simple to include it and let the user decide if he wants to use it.

21. axel_2078

Do people seriously wear their phones around their necks?

22. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Not so much these days. But there was a time when Nokias on lanyards were all the rage. :rolleyes:

23. AZgl1500

I don't wear the phone around my neck....

I put the neck strap over my head to prevent the phone from falling out of my shirt pocket un-noticed and loosing it.

I will not put a cellphone in my pants pocket. A damn good way of breaking it, and for one who has poor hearing it is useless in pockets anyway.

You have to consider the needs of folks. What you think is normal, has no bearing at all on what someone else needs.

Jack58 has no hearing at all, well, he has 5% in one ear...
    My hearing is maybe 70%? and I have tinnitus ringing tones all the damn time, never stops, at a volume level higher than normal conversation in a loud beer bar...

So, forget the wise cracks, okay?

24. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I think very few, if any, modern smart-phones have a loop anchor point for a hand strap or lanyard. When it was candybar dumb-phones, like Nokias, they nearly all had them, and they often came with a strap in the box as well.

25. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

Sony's Z-series do. I clip mine to my camera bag if I'm recording GPS co-ords during a shoot, in case it slips out of the external pocket when I'm changing lenses. It's a very handy feature. (no pun intended).

mikedt likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews