1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support What could cause dead pixels to appear?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by darrinaltman, Mar 20, 2010.

1. darrinaltman

darrinaltman Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Just wondering if something specific could cause them or simply a quality issue.

My first N1 (T-Mobile purchased day one) developed a tiny dead pixel after about a week of use. I returned it to HTC and the replacement I got didnt have any but about a week after I got it, a dead pixel appeared on it. The phone was stolen so I never called HTC. I just bought an ATT N1 and again it's perfect to start. I know nothing about how electronics work but I wonder if:

-Could a specific live wallpaper cause this? I used the Grass one on both previous models.

-Could the dock cause this? When you place it in dock the screen dims and you get that floating clock. I wonder if extended stay on the dock could be the cause?

Or like I said maybe just not the best quality parts.

Any ideas? I would like to avoid getting any this time.

Advertisement

2. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

It's just bad luck or poor quality materials in making the screen. Usually blinking or animated pictures/backgrounds are better for the pixels so it doesn't get "stuck." Sometimes, users can massage the screen to repair "stuck" or dead pixels while/or running pixel stimulating videos (a short constantly repeating video of blinking colors).

3. Nexus1

Nexus1 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    KS
    i would probably cry if someone stole my N1

4. darrinaltman

darrinaltman Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    It's funny (now) you say that, I did.

5. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

I read that as if you were using a stolen N1 so never rang HTC...

Tags: