• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What custom ROM is best for me: want less lag + better battery life

I've been running Vortex 2.9 for the past few days and so far, so good. Battery life seems to be about the same as stock, maybe a little better. Speed seems to be about the same as stock even though I'm running GO Launcher (on stock, GO slows me down). Plus you get some of the goodies like the toggles in the status pull-down. It's not super-customizable like Liquid was, but Liquid was just unacceptable for battery life.

Maybe I'll try Shuji and/or ApeX some day...I just don't really feel like re-doing my setup over and over.

Upvote 0
I'm running Liberty GB v0.8 with Launcherpro Plus. I think this is the fastest and snappiest my phone has ever been. A full day of moderate usage leaves me about 40-50% on the stock battery. I've tried Apex and a couple others but they got a bit clunky after a few weeks. This time my phone has stayed fast. YMMV.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones