1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What custom ROM is best for me: want less lag + better battery life

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Droid_Badger, Oct 23, 2011.

1. ylexot

ylexot Android Expert

I've been running Vortex 2.9 for the past few days and so far, so good. Battery life seems to be about the same as stock, maybe a little better. Speed seems to be about the same as stock even though I'm running GO Launcher (on stock, GO slows me down). Plus you get some of the goodies like the toggles in the status pull-down. It's not super-customizable like Liquid was, but Liquid was just unacceptable for battery life.

Maybe I'll try Shuji and/or ApeX some day...I just don't really feel like re-doing my setup over and over.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

No, I haven't tried it......still on CM4DX-GB. I just read the description on the TBH app is all ;)

3. Dabrador

Dabrador Android Enthusiast

I'm also on CM4DX-GB but I'm getting tired of the 3G/Wifi issue. It's happened on every build since 10/1.

4. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

That's too bad, I don't seem to be having those issues, I can't remember what build I'm on, but I think it's 10/19.

5. SilentJ20

SilentJ20 Newbie

I'm running Liberty GB v0.8 with Launcherpro Plus. I think this is the fastest and snappiest my phone has ever been. A full day of moderate usage leaves me about 40-50% on the stock battery. I've tried Apex and a couple others but they got a bit clunky after a few weeks. This time my phone has stayed fast. YMMV.

6. Coolguy71261

Coolguy71261 Android Enthusiast

ssx 2.2 using 3g kills battery life worse than on other roms

7. woodstorm

woodstorm Android Enthusiast

From his twitter feed, looks like Mobile Sensei has been working on wallpapers and dealing with some health stuff. Thinking about trying ICX. Anybody have any experience with it?

8. matdr57

matdr57 Member

Icx was good It seemed to get good battery life I do miss liquid gingerbread ui

9. Coolguy71261

best battery life on 2nd init roms?

10. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

cm7 gb version has amazing battery life, and miui is right behind it, if not in front or side by side

11. Coolguy71261

Can't use 3g because it sucks. My battery. (Sorry hate to say this) like a whore. On miui. Ol

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews