1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

what dictates os update?

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by schwim, Sep 7, 2011.

1. schwim

schwim Well-Known Member

Hi there everyone,

I am not sure if this belongs in phone make or carrier. I'm sorry if I chose wrong.

my wife and I both have HTC Incredible that we purchased at the same time. This morning, her phone notified her that she needed to reboot for an update. Once she was done, she was rocking 2.34. I received no notice of the sort and when I go into settings/system update, my phone says I'm currently running the latest version. My version is 2.2.

Is there some way to force the update for my phone or do I just wait patiently for my turn in the update barrel?

Thanks for any insight!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. WA_Bob

WA_Bob Android Expert

Go under Menu > Settings > About Phone > Software. Hit "Check for Update" and, if it's available for your phone, you can start the download of the software update.

3. schwim

schwim Well-Known Member

Hi there and thsnks for the reply,

I guess I failed but I was trying to explain that's what I did but I says I'm up to date.... which led me to my question: why, when we both have the same phone, can she get 2.34 and I cant?

4. WA_Bob

WA_Bob Android Expert

Sometimes Verizon rolls out updates in stages instead of making it available to every one at once. You may just have to wait for their servers to send it to you, but in the mean time you can still try to get it manually as often as you feel like checking. If you still don't get it after a few more days, stop by a Verizon store and see if they can help you out.

I hope that helps better!

schwim likes this.
  5. Jman42028

Jman42028 Well-Known Member

yeah they release the updates in batches. Its simply too much info to xfer to every single inc owner at the same time. They do it in batches to make sure the network doesn't get overloaded. Keep checking daily, you should get it soon. It seems like they do a new batch every monday?? But rest assured, you will get GB. Grats to the inc guys for finally getting in on the GB goodness.. :)

schwim likes this.