1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

what did i do wrong?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by diplomat1, Feb 3, 2011.

1. diplomat1

diplomat1 Newbie

I put my phantom skinz screen protector on and not only does it have smudges but also these patches when i put them on. It was hard to get a picture of them but does anyone know what to do? i followed the youtube videos perfectly and same thing. Thanks guys

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Those are air pockets. Did you use a wet squeegee to push the air bubbles out?

3. diplomat1

diplomat1 Newbie

no i just used the application tool but it wasnt wet. is it supposed to be wet?

4. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Android Expert

use the tool that came with the phantom skins or a credit card and push the bubbles towards the edges and they will disappear over time.

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

no one ever agrees with me but I do put a couple of drops on the phone screen, then apply skin, then wet squeegee until the bubbles are gone. Keeping a towel handy to wipe up the droplets as they get to the edge.

It's also good to start at top or bottom and squeegee as you are applying.

6. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

I can definitely see how it would help if you're having trouble, but take the battery out if you're going to do that :).

7. Mr. Ed

That's prolly better than what I do. Put the cover back on though so the water strips don't get wet.

8. Tempusfugit

Tempusfugit Android Enthusiast

Get your phone wet.... to keep a scratch proof screen from getting scratched...

Just making sure I'm picking up what you're putting down.

Phantom Skinz - Clear and Matte-Finish Protection Film for HTC Evo 4G

Our design team has years of experience and balances “maximum coverage” against “ease-of-installation” to give YOU the optimal combination. Simple and easy to follow instructions assure you that your HTC Evo 4G will maintain that “like new” look.

Best use of quotes I've seen in a while....

9. Mr. Ed

Well....I do it to prevent air pockets but ok.

10. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Android Expert

There are so many dry apply products that I've long given up on any that require water or solution for installation. That said, I think the best applications I've ever been able to do were non-dry solutions. I just took my time and caught any moisture at the edges - it took a long time, but I've never had to replace any of these shields unless something sharp gouged them.

11. Mr. Ed

^I use the droplets on those "dry" applications as well. Granted they can, at times, work well...the water just seems to prevent those pesky air pockets every time.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews