• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What did you name your Moment?

It may seem simple...but I like 'Marvin'. This little gadget is awesome even in its early stages of growth. It seems I am a little paranoid that it won't be given the attention from Samsung and Sprint to show its true potential. Like a neglected step child it needs love!

I guess it also helps that Hitchiker's Guide is one of the first books I ever read and it warped my feeble brain in its young vulnerable state. Now if I could just find some groaning sounds for my notifications it would be more complete lol

Upvote 0
I think I'm going to steal "Deep Thought" from the other thread for mine. At my company we name our monthly software releases, this year we decided to use sentient computers with ill-intentions for humanity (I'm proud to say that this was originally my idea). We started with computers like SkyNet, and our last (and least ill-intentioned) was Deep Thought (we were going with the chess computer, not the HGTTG computer... although for my phone it'll be a HGTTG reference). Good times!
Good idea... I am going to claim the name WOPR

Upvote 0
lmao! I thought cfrock was some android app that would assign a name to my Moment! I spent a few minutes looking for the naming app on the android market, expecting it to imbibe some element of personality into my phone!!! Boy did I feel silly when I realized that there was no naming app - just the concept of assigning a name to my phone!!

Well, if I have to pick a name for my Moment, it will be TARDIS - (T-his A-ndroid R-ocks - D-efinately I-s S-weet!), and with it's synced calender, to do lists, integration with google calender, billion and one GPS location applications, it allows me to keep track of Time and Relative Dimension in Space!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones