1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support What do I do AFTER a Hard Reset

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jshort313, May 3, 2010.

1. jshort313

jshort313 Member

May 2, 2010
    I'm pretty sure I need to do a hard reset and am worrying about what comes after that. I understand I'll need to reinstall apps but will I need to do anything to make the PHONE work. After all, it wasn't MY phone when it shipped from the factory.

Jim

Advertisement

2. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Operations Manager
    Rochester, NY
    you'll need to do the 228 thing to get reconnected to the network, that should be it really.

3. Chandria

Chandria Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Florida
    I had to do a hard reset, since I had the wrong gmail account as my default (have multiple gmail accounts). You will have to go through the set-up process again (228) and update the phone etc. After that business as usual...personalize, set-up emails, download apps.

4. jshort313

jshort313 Member

May 2, 2010
    Is that the deal on Verizon's web site that says, "Activate Your Phone"?

5. jshort313

jshort313 Member

May 2, 2010
    Never mind, I got it. Thank You all.

Jim

6. aprillh

aprillh Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    PA
    Bumping this back up... if I factory reset, will the data I entered in my apps (Astrid notes, for example) still be there or will I lose that? I'm just wondering what a pain it would be to re-setup this phone. Coming from WinMo where everything was an exercise in frustration, setup after a hard reset was a nightmare.

7. niseag03

niseag03 Member

May 14, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    When I did my hard reset, I lost everything except photos. I still had my ringtones, but they were on my SD card so I don't count them as something that "survived" really. I would recommend finding somewhere to back up your Astrid... I use Remember the Milk for mine, and it was a lifesaver. I was able to redownload Astrid and just sync it up and I was back in business!

Resetting isn't hard. Its just a little time consuming. I'd jot down the apps you want to re-download first to save yourself some time and trouble. But otherwise... its not that big of a deal in my opinion.