• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What do I do if I have a very innovative application prospect, but do not know programming?

boirefish

Lurker
Nov 28, 2010
Ideas often start from a user's needs. Needless to say, needs arise in bountiful quantities. I am yet another user with a (from my current perspective) wonderful idea, but it cannot be fulfilled without the essential knowledge of programming. So what are my options? Are there any developers out there willing to hear me out? As a uni student on the opposite side of the spectrum (studying med), this is probably the best I can do for now...

my email address is dunno_a_name72@hotmail.com

Charles.

Ideas often start from a user's needs. Needless to say, needs arise in bountiful quantities. I am yet another user with a (from my current perspective) wonderful idea, but it cannot be fulfilled without the essential knowledge of programming. So what are my options? Are there any developers out there willing to hear me out? As a uni student on the opposite side of the spectrum (studying med), this is probably the best I can do for now...

my email address is dunno_a_name72@hotmail.com

Charles.

Either learn to build apps or suggest your idea on forums like this one in hope that you may enthuse someone into building it, Charles.

Upvote 0
I don't know whether it's still possible to get in on Google's App Inventor beta, but you might check it out. It is an online graphical programming environment for Android which is aimed at students and nonprogrammers and comes with a series of tutorials. Apps developed in App Inventor can't be uploaded to the Market at present (I've heard there's a way around that, but it's difficult), but Google has said that might change, and in the meantime, you can learn a lot and develop apps to run on your own phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones