• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What do I think of my X?

lamoglinsgal

Android Expert
Jun 23, 2010
Virginia
LOVE IT! Which is probably why I've been so scarce. :p I was busy running the battery dead for the first time.

The first thing I thought when I tore open the FedEx box was, "Wow! Small box!" :eek: I pulled everything out and then thought, "WOW!!!! Huge phone!" I was a little nervous at first about that. It's like the size of my hand. But then I remembered that years ago, we were all about the smallest phones on the planet. My first smartphone was a Blackberry Pearl. When I got the Curve I thought I was carrying a tank -- light as a feather, I know. The Storm was like a brick, same with the Moto Droid, and then back to the Storm 2, which was definitely lighter. Moral of that story, you get used to it. And Between both Storms and the Moto Droid, I'd have to say the X is the lightest of the three!

Powering it up I was lucky to be greeted with 75% battery out of the box. I charged it, did a few things around the house -- all while keeping a close watch on my new toy. Then I got down to business. :D

There are a few things about it that bug me, but not enough to change my mind just yet. It could be a tad bit smaller, but again, I'll get used to it. And I'm not at all a fan of the physical buttons. Capacitive would've been a much better choice, IMO. And what's up with the smileys being gone? :thinking: I've missed those little green guys.

I have had one blackout. But unless it repeats itself, I'm going to attribute that to nonstop use. And . . . during my activation call I had the infamous "bee" sound in my ear. I haven't noticed it with every call, so I'm hoping it's a software bug.

Finally, I was using speakerphone while driving. The only noise in my car was from the AC and my husband said that's all he could hear. Hmm.

Other than that, I'm thrilled! Oh, except for those stupid Verizon anti-glare screen protectors I bought that are USELESS! Took it off in the parking lot. They totally dull out the screen and make it look "grainy." I've always gotten cheapos off of eBay in the past, and they were much better than that one. Luckily it didn't have any sticky residue.

So for now, the screen is naked. I'm very easy on my phones, but I'm still hoping the screen holds up like the Moto Droid. I never put anything on it because I had heard that it affected the touch screen, and never had a scratch.

Reactions: TaylorsCock
Wow you pretty much summarized my first impression as well!!!! Screen is definitely a bonus for browsing and videos. I didn't get any vzw protectors but did order sgp steinheil ultra clear....should be here in a week. Otherwise i am really enjoying it. Using Launcher Pro....have it all perfectly set up. :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones