• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What do the symbols/leds mean?!?

I have an HTC EVO 4G "Supersonic", and there is a green flashing indicator on the right side of the grille containing the phone "speaker". I've read the owners manual for the phone and can find no indication of what this indicator is telling me..
Attached is a picture of where/what I'm talking about.. Be gentle, this is my first HTC phone...
HTC-EVO-Top.png

Upvote 0
Looks like you found the Wimax LED :)
http://www.pocketables.com/2010/09/...on-htc-evo-for-smsmms-notifications.html#more

Is your device rooted? I remember having to root mine in order to gain access to that feature :)

Yes, it is rooted.. I had an app that would not run on Gingerbread, so I flashed the one ICS rom I could find that was specifically for this phone, but apparently 4G/Wimax is one of the things that does not work on this rom.. Don't really care as it never worked well on the stock rom either.. At least my needed program works now.. (Starbucks app.. WHY they went to the ICS api and screwed us folks with older GB phones, I'll never know..). I gather then, that this flashing green light is telling me there is a wimax signal? It is flashing most of the time, and since I live in Las Vegas, that was one of the early places Clear (now Sprint) put in Wimax, I'm not too surprised...

Thanks
Dave

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones