• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What do we need to do to amr and m4a files to import them into itunes?

The S4 seems to produce AMR files for "normal" quality voice recordings, and M4A files for "high" quality.

VLC media player can handle these files without complaint but I haven't yet successfully got iTunes or Windows Media Player to recognise them.

I thought I was able to do this with AMR files from another device by just renaming them but I haven't had any success with the S4.

Anyone know?

The S4 seems to produce AMR files for "normal" quality voice recordings, and M4A files for "high" quality.

VLC media player can handle these files without complaint but I haven't yet successfully got iTunes or Windows Media Player to recognise them.

I thought I was able to do this with AMR files from another device by just renaming them but I haven't had any success with the S4.

Anyone know?

I believe while ago QuickTime supported *.amr and it still does on my mac, but many users complain that they can no longer run these files. You should see if you can open them with QT and export to other, preferred format.

If no luck with that, you will need 3rd party tool, like:
Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones