1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

What do you consider to be bad battery life?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MarcMaiden, Aug 10, 2010.

1. MarcMaiden

MarcMaiden Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Bay Area, ca
    I am just curious because I see a lot of complaints about battery life, and of all the issues the captivate has, this is the one i think is the most avoidable

I did a few battery cycles (let the battery drain until it shuts off, then fully charge it)

after that I took off live wallpaper and added advanced task killer from day one.

I get 1 full day of battery from extensive use, and 2 days on moderate use.

so what do you guys consider to be bad battery life? because I feel this is really good for a smart phone. This isnt my first android phone and i feel the battery is as good as any of the other android phones i had, and much much better than the iphone 3gs i had for 2 weeks

Advertisement

2. CoMaToast

CoMaToast Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Its weird.. SOme days Ill not use the phone much and get a day out of it.. Other days Ill be on 3G like crazy and get almost a day and a half out of it.. I think my battery is confused

3. MarcMaiden

MarcMaiden Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Bay Area, ca
    I had this same problem with my motorola droid. Sometimes the battery indicator would drop down to the red and eventually shut off, but when i restart the phone ill be at more than half battery.

4. rrrrramos

rrrrramos Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Flower Mound, TX
    In my eyes, as long as I can go the full day without having to charge, I'm good. That being said, I do prefer not to go into the red, AT ALL, unless of course I'm cycling the battery. After a handful of battery cycles, I usually end the day at about 50%. I have no doubt that I could make at least two workdays if I was without a charger. I would say I'm a moderate user, if not heavy.
    And coming from an iPhone 3G, this thing lasts way longer. I would need to charge my phone at work most of the time just so I'd have battery left for the night. Haven't even considered bringing in a spare charger for this one yet.

5. well i unplugged my phone 2 hours ago after charging it for around 15 hours and im already down to 88% battery without doing much. ive just sent a few texts and google talk messages. i would consider that bad battery life. its been really inconsistent with this phone. sometimes ill get 18+ hours of battery life and other times ill need to charge after 6.

6. Max Tempest

Max Tempest Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2010
    This was mentioned in other threads, but I just wanted to express how nice it is not to have to worry about not being able to use my phone. I bought 2 extra Samsung Galaxy S batteries + charger for $11 on Ebay. I keep one extra in my pocket whenever I go out and swap it in when the in-use one dies.