1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What do you guys use for playlists and music?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kkel19, Apr 5, 2011.

1. kkel19

kkel19 Well-Known Member

Winamp sucks..and I dont knwo what else to use to make playlists...probably what I miss about itunes...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. redrider67

redrider67 Android Enthusiast

PowerAmp and they did just did an update for Tegra 2, playlists and option to make ringtones from it to.. Different skins and widgets. Check it out in the market.

3. azazel

azazel Well-Known Member

I used poweramp and had no problems with it until I was getting the issue of my song stopping halfway through and playing the next song (might just be the file itself) but the countdown timer was still showing previous track. I tried doubletwist after that and was having no problems. But I really liked poweramp I just had a bad experience a few times (but once againg, it was probably the file)

4. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery

Using poweramp, I was wondering what format of songs they use since a few (ripped from CDs with the MS music player on my computer) don't seem to be playing :(

I like poweramp because it follows your music folder layout on your SD card :)

5. kkel19

kkel19 Well-Known Member

but im trying to find one where i can make playlists on the computer..like itunes...

6. azazel

azazel Well-Known Member

well, for what its worth I can make playlists on doubletwist.

I just have to select enable making playlists in the menu options, long press on a song and choose "add to playlist..."

I never make playlists but I guess thats a cool feature. Hope that helps.

7. Roze

Oh, not 100% posititve, but I believe it's doubletwist that sync your itune playlist. I know one of the Android music app is a copy of 'itune' and it's for those that can't live without itune, lol.

8. kkel19

kkel19 Well-Known Member

ooo will try that out..thanks mucho...loving my new phone by the way..first thing I did yesterday night..rooted v2 updated...GINGERBLUR now this thing is rockin!

9. Roze

Yup, DoubleTwist is your answer

10. Evil.Bonsai

Evil.Bonsai Android Enthusiast

I use either android music or poweramp. I had issues with android music and cardock, but the OTA update seems (so far) to have fixed that. I've been using it exclusively in cardock just to make sure. For headphone use, I've mostly been using PowerAmp. I hate playlists and PowerAMP lets me choose by folder.

11. MosIncredible

MosIncredible Member

I use PowerAmp. Only thing I miss about iTunes was the "sync checked songs only" function. I like to add my whole library and then just uncheck what I don't want over time.

12. kilasix9

kilasix9 Android Enthusiast

I use Winamp. Never had any issues with it and I like the interface. I also like their widget.

Poweramp sounds cool but until I have an issue with Winamp, I don't see a reason to switch.

13. kkel19

kkel19 Well-Known Member

I like it too except when I use it..it freezes as I am transffernig songs..ugh

14. Roze

Kel, have you tried double twist yet? lol

15. MosIncredible

MosIncredible Member

I mainly use PowerAmp for the folder compatibility, interface (beautiful), more file support, the 4x4 widget and the developer is pretty active in his forum about future plans and updates.

16. Roze

Do you know the extension for the files that failed on all of the Android players? :( The stock player only plays 20 of my 250 songs on my SD card :( Power Amp is somewhere in the high 100. lol.

17. MosIncredible

MosIncredible Member

Oh, I just meant mp3s that were encoded poorly. The song will end unexpectedly at the exact same point and go to another song.

PowerAmp supports mp3, mp4, m4a, flac, ogg, wav, tta, wma, ape, and wv files so that is why you have more success with PowerAmp. It uses it's own decoder.

Roze likes this.
  18. kkel19

kkel19 Well-Known Member

doubletwist definitely did the trick! thanks!!

19. legion21

legion21 Newbie

is there a music app that lets you switch songs from the lock screen?

20. Roze

I know poweramp does. But my recomendation is to get widget locker. It allows you to put ANY widget on your lockscreen. I promise it will be the best $1.99 you will spend on the market.

21. =KLRS=ZERO

=KLRS=ZERO Android Enthusiast

im using the leaked version of Music 3.0

22. azazel

azazel Well-Known Member

is it pretty sweet? I saw the article on pulse but can't find it on the market.

23. =KLRS=ZERO

=KLRS=ZERO Android Enthusiast

24. kilasix9

Is there an easy way to add album art right on the phone? Like, can I google and image, save it in a specific folder and have it show as album art?

25. kilasix9

Motorola Atrix 4G Forum

The Motorola Atrix 4G release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1930mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews