1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

what do you love most about the S2??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zafonic, May 16, 2011.

1. zafonic

zafonic Android Enthusiast

So is it how speedy it is, the gorgeous display, or the build quality.....or is it something else altogether??

please tell..

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. KING LUFF

KING LUFF Well-Known Member

If i had to pick 1 thing, it would beeeeeeeeeee.........the browser/browsing speed

3. Gearu

Gearu Android Expert

Internet/Browser that works, I believe Three can sabotage a phone's connection, my LG Renoir used to get a green H that replaced the 3g to signify HSDPA, then one day it dissappeared and I never saw it again, I didn't notice immediately, also the browser started failing to connect to sites, I'm thinking Three are responsible and try to 'encourage' you to upgrade)
    Browser is great, does almost everything, and also I was looking forward to making internet radio work on the phone, so I can listen anywhere or connect it in the car so I don't have to put up with inferior local rubbish and the trashy adverts.

4. So-Low Da Don

So-Low Da Don Android Enthusiast

Super Amoled +, love the screen, saw it on Infuse. Also speed of course

5. Lord Melbury

Lord Melbury Newbie

Had mine two days now, Best phone I have ever seen.
    I love the speed and the screen is great. Also Nice design.
    My deciding factor was on-board 16 gig and external.
    Also the 8mp camera as I came from Nexus one slightly washy 5mp.

6. xmjox

xmjox Well-Known Member

Probably the speed and size of the screen. I tried using my iPhone via wifi last night and the screen just looked tiny. It's like going from a 19" to a 42" TV...the 19" was good while you had it, but now you've seen better you aint ever going back!

7. jw nyc

jw nyc Member

Better? The GS2 is definitely bigger and brighter but I still think the iPhone 4 screen is superior overall. Text on the screens are incomparable as you literally cannot see the pixels on the iPhone screen. The GS2 is "better" when looking at images but the coloring is much less accurate than the colors on the iPhone 4 screen. Overall, I still prefer the iPhone's screen to the GS2 but it's closer than any other device on the market.

8. vasar

vasar Newbie

Isn't Samsung makeing screens for iPhone? Well according to Samsung their Super AMOLED is better so this could be a matter of preference. ( I haven't seen either of the screens )

9. xmjox

xmjox Well-Known Member

Sorry, I should have clarified my iPhone is an iPhone 3G and that is the comparison I was making as I haven't used an iPhone 4 to comment on the display.

10. tauran121

tauran121 Well-Known Member

it's fast, and it would be coming from a hero, but i'm loving it.

11. It's not as ugly as the other phones. Really, I find all the other phones terrible looking. The fact that there's so little to really see besides the screen and black bezel kind of makes it the winner because I can't complain about something that really isn't there. :p

12. lob

lob Android Enthusiast

Screen, browser, and overall speed.

The screen makes everything look amazing!

The pinch to zoom in the browser even with flash content is effortless.

Live wallpapers, HD games, multitasking.... Nothing slows this thing down!

13. sosolid4u09

sosolid4u09 Lurker

build quality is the only thing i dont like!

what i like most is the astonishing screen.

14. crabman

crabman Well-Known Member

Speed, not locked down.

15. daivik

daivik Android Enthusiast

d'you mean the feel?

Build quality I've heard it superb - made from plastic with no squeaks or creaks - sounds pretty good to me!

It's more the "feel" of the phone that could "feel" a "not-so-premium" as it should be.

16. ludlum

ludlum Member

The screen size, processing speed, and the fact it has 1080 videoing made this one a winner for me, not to mention the 16 gig internal memory. :)

Best phone I ever had, by far.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews