• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What do you make of this?

rofl Looks like a guy is trying to get an Inc, but can't afford it, so puts out some fakes unclickable links and tells people to donate. hence buy my phone for me i can't afford it...

Wierd but im sure people will donate cos people is stupid lol

*edit* i could be wrong, but thats what it looks like to me

Upvote 0
Only thing that makes me think he is not a fake is he claims to be working with boostdscoob:
"The kernels will be available very soon and will probably be released along side of Dominator 4.0 for Incredible (which boostdscoob is working on)."

HTC Incredible Overclocked to 1.5 ghz! Next step 2.0 ghz... | Nine By Six

Plus he does have seemingly legit other kernels for other devices that they have developed. I dunno what to make of it though. Until some other confirmation can be made I won't be donating.

Upvote 0
Only thing that makes me think he is not a fake is he claims to be working with boostdscoob:
"The kernels will be available very soon and will probably be released along side of Dominator 4.0 for Incredible (which boostdscoob is working on)."

Plus he does have seemingly legit other kernels for other devices that they have developed. I dunno what to make of it though. Until some other confirmation can be made I won't be donating.

So far boostdscoob only does mods/roms for Droid. There is no way anything can be done to the incredible until it is rooted. :p

Upvote 0

Yeah i saw that to, makes me wonder but seems very strange if you ask me. I mean, does anyone know who he is?

Upvote 0
The guy is now claiming to have already rooted the Incredible...

http://www.ninebysix.com/post.cfm/htc-incredible-overclocked-to-1-5-ghz-next-step-2-0-ghz

Jake Day wrote on 05/24/10 5:15 AM
Sorry, I should have been a little more clear. I'm not expecting donations. I'm just waiting to get an Incredible until I can get one for cheap as I don't want to pay $600 for one. I was just suggesting that if someone wants it done faster, donating is a good way to achieve that. I've never forced anyone to donate prior to giving out any work, but I don't give out work unless I can thoroughly test it.

My friend who is testing the kernels has gotten his rooted with a little help I provided, but it shouldn't be too hard to do anyway. Again, I can't really help or release anything until I actually have an Incredible to do it with.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones