• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What do you think after using it for two weeks?

I disagree on almost every point.

The Navigator app is a Google app, based on their maps, software, and my Incredible with Google integration. They seem to be the only ones to blame Google and the hardware.

The screen is useless outside on a sunny day, and the person I was showing to pulled out his iphone to compare. There was no comparison. Yes, its higher res, and bigger, but useless in the sun.

The case shouldn't explode on impact.

But you're right....nothing is perfect!

It is close enough that we can enjoy it most of the time.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. :)

Upvote 0
Did you only do this once, or do you do this every day? Nobody can answer this question, lol!

Re: Battery unplug, replug, etc.

I have heard differering advice. I've been doing it every morning and while when I read the suggestion the first time I thought it was ridiculous, in desperation I tried it and was completely blown away by the difference. Now ask me tomorrow and we will see, I didn't have time to do it this morning so maybe that will answer the question. LOL

Upvote 0
- The camera, seems like a winner, but I've yet to see a shot as good as something off my 5 megapixel Canon.

Unfortunately, the term "megapixel" has been made incorrectly synonymous with how colorful/vibrant, clear, sharp a picture is in the end result.

In reality, megapixel simply refers to the amount of individual pixels, or resolution, a picture contains. It has no bearing on the vibrancy or trueness of colors, clarity of detail, contrast, etc. that people look for in the "quality" of a picture. People seem to think that if a camera has more megapixels, the quality of the picture should always be better than the picture taken by a camera with less megapixels.

Really, the quality of the photograph comes down more to the glass the picture is being taken through, and the image processing. You can get a much higher quality image out of a 2 megapixel camera shot with great glass (another meaning for the lens) and with great image processing done under the hood in a dedicated camera, than you can get with an 8 megapixel camera stuffed into a cellphone.

Really, anything over about 5 megapixels is just a waste for the average joe picture-taker. The only time you would really benefit from having a camera with the ability to take pictures containing more megapixels is if you were wanting to blow the image up to huge proportions, or zoom in on the image expecting to keep more detail and clarity.

I realize that's a much more in-depth response than anyone might have expected on a comment such as the one I quoted, but I'm just trying to keep people from thinking something is wrong with their phone or camera, just because it doesnt take as good of a picture as something else. :)

How's that for a first post :p

Upvote 0
Did you only do this once, or do you do this every day? Nobody can answer this question, lol!

This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Upvote 0
I'm on my 15th day and not quite ready to give a review on this particularly piece of hardware, but I do like Android very much. Let's all hope the carriers and Google will continue to support and improve this OS. I have little experience with Apple or Rim, but quite a bit with Win Mobile. I can say firmly that Android blows away the tedious Win OS, and has endless potential & no big brother controlling it.

I'm also a little tired about hearing about the EVO. No offense to those who want to buy the EVO, but isn't there a separate forum to salivate over this phone? Sprint, icksnay. :)

Upvote 0
Love this phone. Coming from a Blackberry Curve and the only thing that I really do miss is the ability to fully customize the alert/ring profile. The Curve was great for that. You could turn every single different type of notification on or off, customize the ringtone sound and volume, and set how vibrations worked. There are times when I only want to be notified if I get email from one specific account and I can't figure out how to make it happen on the DI. But it's a flaw I will happily live with considering the DI blows the Curve out of the water in almost every other aspect. I couldn't be happier.

Upvote 0
Love this phone. Coming from a Blackberry Curve and the only thing that I really do miss is the ability to fully customize the alert/ring profile. The Curve was great for that. You could turn every single different type of notification on or off, customize the ringtone sound and volume, and set how vibrations worked. There are times when I only want to be notified if I get email from one specific account and I can't figure out how to make it happen on the DI. But it's a flaw I will happily live with considering the DI blows the Curve out of the water in almost every other aspect. I couldn't be happier.

I think you may be able to do at least some of this. What email program are you using. If it's the HTC stock program, pull up the account you want, then hit Menu>More>Settings>Notification and the top choice is a checkbox for email notification. I have it set for some of my email accounts but not others.

Upvote 0
I disagree on almost every point.

The Navigator app is a Google app, based on their maps, software, and my Incredible with Google integration. They seem to be the only ones to blame Google and the hardware.

does Google actually create their on map data? That's no easy task and I'd bet they get it from the same place other GPS makers do. I could be wrong of course.

Upvote 0
I have the Droid and the Dinc, both phones are solid but the Incredible is step ahead of the Droid...being the newer one it's better since it's got more newer components.
This phone is fast, sexy, well built even though it's plastic, lots of Widgets, customizations and Android on it, just love it.

The battery issue, we all know about it, I'm getting about 12hrs per day. I've drop my phone a couple of times already and it has never flinch.
I'm always poking the phone and multitasking like there's no tomorrow.
I had the Droid rooted and running custom roms, I'm not sure if I'll ever would need to put a custom rom on the Dinc, so far really pleased with the Dinc.

Now can somebody get this phone rooted so I can explode the processor, thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones