• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What do you think the marketing would be like?

I have to disagree. I have a marketing background and the honest truth is that you want to frame branding at a middle school grade level so people get it. The justification for marketing as a discipline is to drive sales. For the majority of consumer goods, your message has got to be clear, concise, engaging and dumbed down to attract the biggest pool of targeted segments. This doesn't apply to niche products, but EVO is not supposed to be a niche product. It's Sprint's silver bullet and they better not have bad aim.

/2cents

Good point. Also reminds me of this classic:

YouTube - George Carlin - Advertising Lullaby

(NSFW language)

Upvote 0
They could go the whole "evolution" route and show someone using his phone in different ways as technology advances. Time lapse camera style. His surroundings are changing along with his phone...we observe him sitting in a cafe talking to his girlfriend

look! I'm......

sending a text message > sending an MMS > sending an email > browsing the internet > listening to music > buying music > watching a movie > recording a movie > recording and watching an HD movie > sharing the movie on HDMI and online at 4G speeds....

fade out

Fade in title in middle of screen "EVOLUTION"

fade out "LUTION" to leave "EVO" and fade in "4G"

then usual zip like a flash "coming to Sprint only on the NOW network"...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones