1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps What do you use/do to make development?

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by coder_t2, May 31, 2011.

1. coder_t2

coder_t2 Lurker
    None

May 31, 2011
    Hey guys, I was wondering what things people do to help make development of their apps easier. I have already developed an app and released it on the android market. I developed a game, and felt like their has to be a way to make some of these things easier. I did everything from scratch. Handled my own physics, graphics, etc. It was more of learning exercise at the time, but now I'm looking for ways to make development easier, so I can spend my time making my game have better quality.

I have heard of people using the Lua scripting language to make things easier. Do you guys use this language or anything like it? What's your opinion on it?

And for those that code directly using java, are there any 3rd party classes or modules you use to help make your life a little easier (such as a physics engine for a game)? I am interesting in everyone's opinions on all kinds of apps, not just games. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. ardchoille

ardchoille Android Expert
    None

Mar 8, 2011
    Male
    Ordained Minister
    Seattle
    I code my apps on a Linux system using the Eclipse development environment and the android SDK. I haven't had a need for anything else yet.

3. tofurocks

tofurocks Lurker
    None

May 19, 2011
    That's what I'm setting up right now, what distro do you use?