• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What do you use for blue tooth?

darbebo

Jun 14, 2012
Ok so here's my dillema,

i need a bluetooth headset for my phone calls while driving.

However, I also like to have a bluetooth that is able to let me listen to music/movie/game sounds, not just during the call while I'm on the go/in the library

I'd also need the bluetooth to be 1-eared, not a freakin headset.

I know/believe the galaxy s3 is A2DP only, so newer bluetooth is needed.

My current one is the plantronics voyager pro+ or something and it's slowly going out.

My question is, what do you guys use if you're in my situation or am i stuck getting another voyager pro+?

Still rocking my 2yr old original Jawbone Icon, works great!

But... I get stuttering notifications. So I just pull down notification bar, hit the gear for settings/bluetooth/gear to the right of bluetooth/ unchecked ad2p or what not when not using for media. Sounds like a lot but haven't found a fix yet. It also happened on my dx. Maybe the Icon HD doesn't have this issue? Also, Blueant worked well w/o stutter but I didn't like the quality of build.

Upvote 0
I have the jawbone icon which always sounded great even in my convertible. Now paired with the S3, no one can hear me ever in my car (not a convertible) and only sometimes inside. I really need a bluetooth and don't want to buy another one that is not good quality. I am a REALTOR and on the phone 6hrs a day atleast and need an earpiece. Any help?

Upvote 0
Try the MOTOROLA ELITE SLIVER. It's a full-featured BT headset w/hands-free capability,full audio streaming,etc....
Check the MOTO website for a full description.

BTW, the user sound quality is awesome. Very clear, &, if desired, very loud. The sound volume level rivals that of wired headsets.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones