• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What do you use the stylus for?

Frisco

=Luceat Lux Vestra=
Jan 19, 2010
androidforums.com
We're seeing the N2 stylus mentioned here and there in various threads. Would you N2 users mind posting about your use of it (or lack of use of it ;))?

As for me, I would have purchased the Note 2 stylus or not, but I'm still exploring and maybe it'll turn out to be more than what seems to me a gimmick at the moment.

I work very early in the morning and its always so cold now in winter. I wear gloves and I find the stylus to be so useful whenever I use my phone when I walked from the parking lot to the building. The pen works great as I dont have to remove my gloves. There are touch screen gloves out there, but they work like crap. Nothing beats the stylus.

Upvote 0
I use it primarily as a smaller and more accurate replacement for my finger. Works much better than a finger for anything where precision is required, like typing on a virtual keyboard. My only complaint is that it has to be somewhat perpendicular to the screen to register, which means keys on the left hand side of the keyboard don't always get recognized if I'm holding the stylus casually in my right hand. I miss resistive screens.

Upvote 0
Oh.. forgot all about Drawsome!

I am not very good but using the stylus makes me feel invincible.

i-4tJPjkQ-X2.png

Upvote 0
I have popup note enabled - when I take the s pen out, even if the phone is locked, I can make a quick note and save it.

I use it for my to do list, and just jotting down all the lists / notes you need to make. Also doodle sometimes on sketchbook pro, but I wouldn't say I'm artistic so......

There's always that time when somebody wants to use your phone for something, and it's great if they use the s-pen so it keeps their nasty fingerprints off! Can't stand smudges or any sort of muck on it.

I honestly don't think I'll get a phone without a stylus now. I think I'll be getting Note's for a while now! And they look like they're here to stay.
Seen this?
Samsung announces Exynos 5 Octa, an A15 and A7 hybrid SoC - GSMArena.com news

Announced at CES. Looks like the s4 / Note 3 will be the most powerful smartphones next year. Note 3 will still be 11 months away, as usual, since Samsung have a 1 year gap.

I couldn't possibly get a smaller screen now!

Upvote 0
Write down the license plate number of the car(s) next to me when parking is tight at the mall.

LOL! Wouldn't just taking a picture of the license plate be faster? :p One time I saw a guy pulling into a parking space and hit the other car. He walked out, look at it, and pulled back out and park on the other side of the car! After he walked into the mall, I wrote a note with his description and license plate number and left it on the windshield of the car that was hit. :p

On Topic: I only use my s-pen to write on photo and screenshots, and to play draw something.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones