• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What do you use to transfer music?

mvnjpy

Dec 5, 2009
What do you use to transfer music to your android device?

Also, what is your favorite music player on the android? (the default one is just ok)

I manage my music collection with foobar2000 and my directories look like:
01 title.mp3
folder.jpg

So, android can't figure out the album art right now, has anyone had any experience solving this problem?

Also, I don't know if this is specific to my phone (galaxy with galaxo), but it does not recognize songs with chinese id3 tags (it shows up as ???). What could be the issue?

Ok, I found the solution to album art by renaming folder.jpg to AlbumArt.jpg..

but hmm, still issues with id3 tags..

the android seems to ignore my id3v2 tags, and always tries to read the id3v1 tags.. where there isn't any, the music just shows up with unknown artist (even though there are id3v2 tags)...

Upvote 0
How do you make your computer recognize the android? it just says insert media, and it won't give me a folder. any drivers need to be downloaded? i'm using windows vista.

It depends on which android device you have, and which pc operating system you have.
Assuming that you have a HTC device with windows xp (32), if you install the htc sync from the htc support site, that should do it. If you have a 64 bit operating system with a htc device, download the 64bit version of the drivers directly, and then install the htc sync program.

Upvote 0
HTC Hero here and most of the time I just manage via drag and drop. I have folder on the root directory of the SD card for podcasts, one for music and one for video. I mostly listen to podcasts on it not music.

However I did notice one day that Banshee (I am sure rhythmbox works too) recognized my phone for what it was and allowed everything to sync beautifully.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones