• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What do your Droid 2 screens look like?

Launcher Pro gives you the options to hide that. You can get the notifications on your icons. So you never really miss anything. Looks a little cleaner like that.
To me anyways.

Here's one of mines. Shrunk it down for you guys though. Oh and it's not a droid 2 either, but I felt like sharing anyways. I just wanted to join different forums and answer a few questions along the way. I mean it's phone tech so I'm interested. Epic is my device but I have respect to all phones.

HomePage.jpg

Just wondering but whats your battery widgit called? :)

Upvote 0
I'm trying to help a co worker out who is looking at the Motorola Droid as an attempt to convert to Android.

Do you guys have 7 screens by default?

My phone is Sense UI - 7 screens by default and he wants to look at mine but I don't want to mislead him since I have an Incredible.

Calendar/Bookmark widgets and all that?

Is it Moto Blur? How do you guys like it.

Upvote 0
I'm trying to help a co worker out who is looking at the Motorola Droid as an attempt to convert to Android.

Do you guys have 7 screens - Sense UI by default?

My phone is Sense UI - 7 screens by default and he wants to look at mine but I don't want to mislead him since I have an Incredible.

Calendar/Bookmark widgets and all that?

Or is it Moto BLUR like the X?

I don't use MotoBlur and I wouldn't use Sense UI either. There are better versions of any of those little things on the android market, if I wanted to use any of those widgets.

Motorola Droid 2 has 7 screens. It's just like the X but a smaller screen. Sense UI is HTC only. It's their skin and apps.
and ADW.Launcher and Launcher Pro are way better than any home screen that will come on any phone.

Reactions: jamor
Upvote 0
Well I had the incredible when it first came out. I loved it and sense ui but when launcher pro plus came out I've been using it every since. I gave the incredible up bc I had way to many problems with it and got the droid 2. I like the moto blur setup a lil more than sense ui and used blur for a while, until I got my launcher pro back up and running.

Reactions: jamor
Upvote 0
I don't use MotoBlur and I wouldn't use Sense UI either. There are better versions of any of those little things on the android market, if I wanted to use any of those widgets.

Motorola Droid 2 has 7 screens. It's just like the X but a smaller screen. Sense UI is HTC only. It's their skin and apps.
and ADW.Launcher and Launcher Pro are way better than any home screen that will come on any phone.

Cool thanks. How you are you liking the Droid 2? Did you have the Droid?

Upvote 0
I started with the droid eris way back in the day. Then moved to the incredible and now the droid 2. I like the Droid 2, I feel like its built to last, idk if that makes sense to you. I had the Incredible, and I do miss it, but it had way to many problems. I had a ton of random restarts, MMS messages not downloading, and blow two speakers within 3 weeks, so I had to get out of it.

Upvote 0
Cool thanks. How you are you liking the Droid 2? Did you have the Droid?

Yeah I had the Droid, they replaced it with a D2. I like it better. It looks nicer and feels nicer IMO. The keyboard is better. The phone is much quicker even with MotoBlur slowing it down. My D1 I had rooted and overclocked to 1gHz. The Droid2 I have rooted and running underclocked to 800mHz

The only reason I'd rather have the X is because a lot of the D1 guys moved to the X, like Fabolous, and all the themes and everything is coming out for the X but the D2 is kinda, well nothing right now. But I'm okay w/ it. I never did anything really crazy anyway. I would like manups EVOlution ported though.

I would definitely tell your friend to either get the X or the D2, maybe wait for the D2 World Edition. It might be at 1.2 gHz. Don't even let him be fascinated by that POS Samsung phone, unless he gets it to root it and install a vanilla android OS with GOOGLE crap not Bing!/VZW. The internal 8gb memory that the X and D2 have is really nice. You'll really never have to worry about running out of room and having to use apps2sd.

Upvote 0
Ok, once arriving at the Dalvik Debug Monitor...then, it is easy.
Think I ought to get a ribbon or something for bravery and/or managing to find my way thru Oracle to cough up the following.

Attachments

• Screen 1.JPG
    Screen 1.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 152
  • Screen 2.JPG
    Screen 2.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 101
  • Screen 3.JPG
    Screen 3.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 88
  • Screen Home.JPG
    Screen Home.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 98
  • Screen 5.JPG
    Screen 5.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 119
  • Screen 6.JPG
    Screen 6.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 86
  • Screen 7.JPG
    Screen 7.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 0
I'll start from the top:

• The black-market icon (it's a shortcut to Market) is part of an icon pack from Ludacrosse over at DL.
  • The battery widget is called battstatt, found on the Market
  • The background is a stock background found in the wallpaper menu
  • The clock is called D-Clock Widget, found on the Market
  • The weather icon is the Tiny widget from Weather & Toggle Widget, found on the Market
  • I'm using LauncherPro Plus, with the dock-bar graphics found anywhere on the web
  • The icons are part of the same icon pack I got from Luda, made using the built-in edit icon feature from LP.

So there you go, that's how I did it :)

hmm, are you having issues with this weather widget? for some reason it's 10 degrees off comparing to weather channel? lol

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
LauncherPro users, can you still load the Beautiful Widgets home/weather widget? Anytime I try it says there isn't enough room in my screen, but it's completely empty.

I haven't had any issues. I have actually adjusted the number of rows on my screen in the LP setting so that I can fit the big Beautiful Widget as well as the LP Plus Calendar widget.

Upvote 0
Launcher Pro gives you the options to hide that. You can get the notifications on your icons. So you never really miss anything. Looks a little cleaner like that.
To me anyways.

Here's one of mines. Shrunk it down for you guys though. Oh and it's not a droid 2 either, but I felt like sharing anyways. I just wanted to join different forums and answer a few questions along the way. I mean it's phone tech so I'm interested. Epic is my device but I have respect to all phones.

HomePage.jpg
Please tell me where I can get that black market icon?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones