• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What does Clear Cache Do?

gemini846

Jul 15, 2010
I tether a lot for work. I upgraded to ICS thinking that it would solve a lot of the issues I was having with DNS issues and regularly losing the data link, and it did, but now I'm thinking it had less to do with ICS and more to do with the fact that the restore ungummed up my phone.

I don't want to do another factory reset unless there is a way to do a push button restore to all my apps. Having to download them and reconfigure all my screens is a PITA.

I have Titanium Backup but it only seems to save backups of 1 app at a time. Does it have an option to "backup everything"? Is that in the paid version?

What about the clear cache option? What does that do?

The paid version of titanium backup will backup/restore all your apps using an automated process, the free version doesn't(does it one by one). Titanium backup is probably the best app to purchase on a rooted phone....

Although ICS technically should backup all your apps/data automatically to the cloud (if you have the feature turned on) but I've ran into a few occasions where it failed to restore my apps.

Clear cache just clears the temporary files your phone stores (photo thumbnails, web pages, document revisions etc)

Reactions: gemini846
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones