• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What does it all mean...

mirrorimage

May 19, 2010
Ireland
I'm pretty apt in picking up relatively geeky subjects capably, but there is a few things I have no idea what it means...
This/these questions stem from having an extremely brutal battery life... brutal. BRUTAL.
So I throwing these series of questions to you, the internet.

On with the bombardation, which I think will help one and all (who don't quite know the answers either)

- What in gods earth is 'Partial Wake usage'? Is it like when I'm partially awake, and am able to perform a simple task, like use the toilet? (even though I sometimes miss)

- Sensor Usage, I only ever have two listed, Android system & Gallery.

- When in these fantastic menu sections (using the magic INFO code) The 'graph' shows both Blue and Red in certain menus... Is my phone simply being patriotic or is there a reason that this is so?

I am determined to have this phone last at least 6 hours without looking around for a charger.
When I contacted HTC to explain my gripes, it was suggested to switch off all the reasons I got the phone; which was as about as useful as cracking off a big fart in a spacesuit.

Now, before I have 27 people come back and say 'read the other threads'... I will just briefly say... Wonderful idea, one which I did sift through, however didn't find an answer to my query.

It'd be super if one of you lovely ladies or gents could give me a helping hand.

Thankyou... you lovely people!

Its likely you already know this but go onto your settings, click on your accounts and sync section and check every app, i have found there is a lot there that didn't need to be there, also things like facebook were updating every 15 mins which i found unnecessary, also if one app has a much larger partial wake usage than others it is likely that it could be killing your battery.

Upvote 0
- What in gods earth is 'Partial Wake usage'? Is it like when I'm partially awake, and am able to perform a simple task, like use the toilet? (even though I sometimes miss)

Answered above.

- Sensor Usage, I only ever have two listed, Android system & Gallery.

For apps that use the motion of the phone (such as tilting or rotating the screen to give landscape view).

Now, before I have 27 people come back and say 'read the other threads'... I will just briefly say... Wonderful idea, one which I did sift through, however didn't find an answer to my query.

Try the thread linked in my sig. If you have any other questions, you can PM me or post again here.

I usually have around 40% battery left after about 12 hours of usage, but that obviously varies day to day.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones