1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What does it feel like to press the power button for you?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by euphoriq, Dec 19, 2011.

1. euphoriq

euphoriq Newbie

Coming from a long line of iphones I have grown used to the solid metal power button and the deep click it makes. The power button on my galaxy nexus seems doesn't have a click like this. When i hold it in my left hand and press it it does feel more solid but held in the right hand it's much softer to the press. Maybe it's the way or angle the right thumb presses it at? Or is this just how plastic buttons are.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DarbagDarbag

DarbagDarbag Android Enthusiast

not all phones (even same exact models) are built equally. Iv'e had multiple incredibles and each one had a different feeling power button.

my nexus power button has a small 'click' when pushed, not major like an iphone, but enough to feel a click.

3. euphoriq

euphoriq Newbie

It has bothered me so much that i don't have an audible click when i press mine. It's not defective by any means, it turns on and off every single time. I wish wish it was a little sturdier >_<

4. nj02vette

nj02vette Android Expert

Intentionally damaging a product to make an claim is insurance fraud.

Might want to rethink posting that on a public forum.

5. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Android Expert

You will get no where by doing that... the power button is still going to be the same way on the new one.

6. nkk

nkk Android Expert

Even more obviously, you are within your return window. Is it not cheaper to just pay $35 and just get a new one at a different store?

But yeah, not only is what you want to do ethically questionable, it is illegal.

-Nkk

7. NextNexus

NextNexus Member

I think the power button is quite solid (when compared to the Fasincate).

However, the volume rocker on my Nexus is a little less solid. You can ever so slightly move it around in its place. Is everyone's like this?

8. CharlzO

CharlzO Android Expert

Mine seem to be pretty solid on both sides, good feel and feedback.

9. foo

foo Android Enthusiast

Love the new one too. It's just so quick feeling!

10. ...like hitting a day old burrito with a bat.

Okay okay, I kid I kid. I see what your saying when you hold it in one hand from the other. I get more of a "click" out of the left hand than I do with the right.

11. KevinMXoom

KevinMXoom Newbie

It's squishy with just the slightest click. I actually like it, because I don't want much resistance getting into the OS, and I definitely don't want it making any noise. My volume rocker has a much clickier feel.

12. tdub88

tdub88 Android Enthusiast

Feels fine. Just wish It was on top since that is what I am used to doing - and still doing every time. I'll figure it out someday..........

13. Jersey Tom

Jersey Tom Android Enthusiast

What does it feel like? Feels like a smartphone button. I don't even give it an ounce of thought.

I suppose you could always get one of these... that button will probably give you a real good mechanical feel.

[​IMG]

tsargent347 and foo like this.
  14. Gunner

Gunner Android Enthusiast

What does it feel like?

It feels power-ful....obviously.

:)

15. BubbaNexus

BubbaNexus Android Enthusiast

Who cares what the power button feels like? You get a tactile vibration when the phone turns on anyway.

16. BubbaNexus

BubbaNexus Android Enthusiast

Why dont you just exchange it within your 14 day window, rather than conspiring to commit insurance fraud on a public internet forum? :eek:

17. Flyguy94

Flyguy94 Well-Known Member

Beats the hell outta the Tbolt power button. Nice little click.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews