• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What does the AUTO SYNC do?

Q1. Well here goes, this is my first question on here.

This should be an easy one for yous, well i hope anyway, but i am still baffled by this. What happens when i click the auto sync button and it lights up blue?
What is it this EXACTLY does? any help would be appreciated, as i dont have a clue what this function actually does, i havent noticed anything happening when this feature is selected.

Why is it on the phone and what does it do?

Thanks for the reply wooks63, i was talking about in general, not an app.
I have this grey box widget, and on it are various things like WI-FI, BLUETOOTH, BACKLIGHT, GPS, AUTO SYNC etc.
and when its off, the symbols are grey colored, and when i select them on the become blue. Its this auto sync i am referring too.
You say its something to do with google mail, what is it you can sync to google mail, and what is syncing?

Upvote 0
Cheers Del1701, just the answer i was looking for, i dont have any of them accounts so thats maybe why i never ever noticed it doing anything.
I had to set up a google account when i bought my android, thats about it, and i have no contacts or emails saved in the account, so i think that makes sense now.

Thanks a lot, much appreciated.
P.S. - just out of curiosity, if i did have a facebook and twitter account, what sort of stuff could i SYNC between the two accounts? names and numbers is it, or photographs and posts? thanks again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones