• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What does the Connect community think about the LG Motion?

I've ordered 2 from wirefly already. :rolleyes:

99 bucks each, no mail in rebate.

Edit :.. And I have to wait. Out of stock. Good grief.

Let us know IF you had to open up a new account with MetroPCS. Or if you were able to continue using your existing account, with the same number/service etc... Also, what you had to do, in other to transfer your service. thanks!

Upvote 0
Let us know IF you had to open up a new account with MetroPCS. Or if you were able to continue using your existing account, with the same number/service etc... Also, what you had to do, in other to transfer your service. thanks!

You can continue your existing account. Just dial *228 and transfer your account to it. You just won't be able to get the 55 dollar plan, you'll stay on your original plan.

Upvote 0
You can continue your existing account. Just dial *228 and transfer your account to it. You just won't be able to get the 55 dollar plan, you'll stay on your original plan.

This is true. This is the 4th or 5th phone I've gotten from wirefly. You don't have to open a new account. It's always said with opening a new account for all of the metro phones on wirefly. It's not true though ;)

Upvote 0
So let me get this straight. Some of you guys complain about how people with iPhones change phones every time a new comes out, yet, you do as well, y'all just got the connect and now trying to switch over to the Motion?

IMO I like this phone too much to switch to the Motion (in my head, it's a downgrade, not upgrade)

It's an upgrade in everything but the screen. So it's not a downgrade at all. Plus no overheating and bad battery. :)

Upvote 0
So let me get this straight. Some of you guys complain about how people with iPhones change phones every time a new comes out, yet, you do as well, y'all just got the connect and now trying to switch over to the Motion?

IMO I like this phone too much to switch to the Motion (in my head, it's a downgrade, not upgrade)

Who's complained about iPhone users changing phones when new ones come out? Not trying to be rude but that would be dumb as shit, what people do with their money is their business.

I didn't try to switch to the motion I did switch. Not only did selling my connect get me the motion for free, but it put an extra $132.50 in my pocket on top of it.

I know a bit about the connect. In fact, some of the mods for the connect here in these forums were from me. That being said, I can assure you the motion is definitely not a downgrade.

Yes, the screen is better on the connect, other than that the motion blows it away in every aspect. Faster/upgraded cpu (s3 vs s4), ICS vs gingerbread, the battery is insanely better (motion can last all day without extended battery/turning off 4g/ having to under clock), the phone doesn't overheat.

I loved my connect. I'm IN love with the motion.

And again.. the connect sub forums have been my stomping grounds for awhile .. can't recall anyone 'complaining' about people buying new iphones. I don't think any of us care enough about what other people use their hard earned money on.

Upvote 0

Agreed. Theres no way I am going to a smaller screen. I just got my connect a month ago for myself and my girlfriend. We both love the phone. Have had no heating issues and I have gotten 24 hours out of the battery.
The motion while it looks like a great phone for the price doesnt add anything substantial to make me want to upgrade. I had the 3.7 in screen with the admire and the 4 in screen on the connect is way better.

Seriously I am surprised how many people jump ship from a phone they have had for 5 months or less just to get the new shiny eye candy with about the same specs. I only get a new phone if I break mine (like I did with the admire) after at the very least a year or change carriers.

I greatly doubt that peoples experience with the motion will differ much if at all from the connect. I guess some people feel ics and a slight bump on the processor is a big deal:rolleyes:.

The connect can be had for new now for $199 from metro. Why the heck are people paying that or close to that for used on ebay???

Upvote 0
Agreed. Theres no way I am going to a smaller screen. I just got my connect a month ago for myself and my girlfriend. We both love the phone. Have had no heating issues and I have gotten 24 hours out of the battery.
The motion while it looks like a great phone for the price doesnt add anything substantial to make me want to upgrade. I had the 3.7 in screen with the admire and the 4 in screen on the connect is way better.

Seriously I am surprised how many people jump ship from a phone they have had for 5 months or less just to get the new shiny eye candy with about the same specs. I only get a new phone if I break mine (like I did with the admire) after at the very least a year or change carriers.

I greatly doubt that peoples experience with the motion will differ much if at all from the connect. I guess some people feel ics and a slight bump on the processor is a big deal:rolleyes:.

The connect can be had for new now for $199 from metro. Why the heck are people paying that or close to that for used on ebay???

The S4 is not just an slightly better SoC, its like a monster upgrade over the S3, do the research the SoC is around 75% better.

HTC One S Snapdragon S4 vs Snapdragon S3. First benchmarks

15% better is considered an awesome jump in performance from generation to generation, just ask Intel. This SoC is the BEST SoC on the market at this time, the same one that's in the Galaxy SIII. On top of that Android 4.0 is a REVOLUTIONARY upgrade over 2.3 gingerbread, and I hate to break it to you guys but the Connect is never getting ICS. So with the exception of the screen the Motion is not just a slight upgrade, its an example of a modern phone. The Connect, while a great phone is severely hampered by 2.3 GB. I have a connect and will be getting this phone also. Both are great but the Motion is better and has newer technology. Like some other poster said Metro's best phone is also one of their cheapest go figure.

Upvote 0
The S4 is not just an slightly better SoC, its like a monster upgrade over the S3, do the research the SoC is around 75% better.

HTC One S Snapdragon S4 vs Snapdragon S3. First benchmarks

15% better is considered an awesome jump in performance from generation to generation, just ask Intel. This SoC is the BEST SoC on the market at this time, the same one that's in the Galaxy SIII. On top of that Android 4.0 is a REVOLUTIONARY upgrade over 2.3 gingerbread, and I hate to break it to you guys but the Connect is never getting ICS. So with the exception of the screen the Motion is not just a slight upgrade, its an example of a modern phone. The Connect, while a great phone is severely hampered by 2.3 GB. I have a connect and will be getting this phone also. Both are great but the Motion is better and has newer technology. Like some other poster said Metro's best phone is also one of their cheapest go figure.

Preach!

Upvote 0
The motion is better than the connect by leaps and bounds.

Save the screen size, it has better battery life without rooting and underclocking, You can toggle 4g without downloading a toggle app, it's tons more responsive and handles tasks much more efficiently, it never overheats, it charges from damn near dead to full in a little over an hour, and you can get rid of a lot of bloatware without root.

I pretty much got this phone for free by selling my connect to pay for this phone. It should cost as much as the lightray for its performance and capability.

For those who are satisfied with the connect I'm not mad at you at all. If you did want to get the motion you would be able to sell the connect for enough money to pay for it. That's what I did.

Also, all the prices for metro phones are back to their original price without rebates. The connect is $349. You could fetch a good price on ebay if you wanted to sell.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones