• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What does the GB update mean for rooted users?

bigbabys

Android Enthusiast
Nov 11, 2009
Largo, FL
So now that this GB patch is out, what does it mean for those of us on custom ROMS? Are new versions of the roms going to come out? (in which case would that mean I would need to flash the new version to get the perks?) It seems, to me at least, that Darkslide X fixed most of the bugs from GB, so I'm not really all that concerned with this patch. But if it would even just a little more stability it might be worth it. I just don't want to flash a new version and have to reconfigure my homescreens and what not all over again, if the advantages are not worth it.

Sorry if this is a noob question, I'm learning about rooting, a little bit every day :)

So now that this GB patch is out, what does it mean for those of us on custom ROMS? Are new versions of the roms going to come out? (in which case would that mean I would need to flash the new version to get the perks?)

Definitely maybe. ;)

It depends on whether or not the developers will take the time to update the ROM with the new system files. Often they do, but there are no guarantees until a dev comes forward and says, "yes, expect an update."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones