1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General What does the MS840ZVA update really do/improve?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CoCowheats, May 26, 2012.

1. CoCowheats

CoCowheats Newbie
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    It's been almost 2 weeks and I can't find a single answer as to what the zva update ACTUALLY does...I've scoured this site and google and most threads went dead a week or more ago with no conclusions....

Supposedly helps overheating. Obviously un-roots and re-installs bloatware, but it also has a new basband version(supposedly. I think my zv9 is the same as what was stated...can't find the thread)...so does 4g drop more? Is the the signal improved? Is this update BS?

WTF is this update doing???? I know ALOT of people have to want to know...I'm sick of reading inconclusive threads on this and am not willing to guinea pig when there is a heresay of the 4g signal dropping more....

Advertisement

2. tonylc74

tonylc74 Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 7, 2011
    Male
    i am a master operator of heavy equipment for wast
    nw.georgia
    I'm not positive but my phone does seem to be operating better and not getting hot. Also I've been getting great battery life running broken out rom oc'd to 1782 and running balanced profile on jd, I seem to be getting better signal and faster data. Just my observations nothing official.

3. Anthony1970

Anthony1970 Member
    None

Dec 8, 2010

Seems this happens to several threads here. I get frustrated as well. I have read through many extended battery threads and people say they will be back to give full comments on their findings and it never happens. The thread usually dies. Most of the info I can glean from extended battery usage is the persons initial findings, never long term usage to see how the battery holds up over a week or so.

I guess we have to remember that some people just dont come back to give final comments and that this phone while popular for Metro just isnt popular enough overall to garner too many threads a day. Some days there are no new posts.

4. akikhia

akikhia Android Expert
    None

Oct 24, 2011
    the thing is that there are so many variables with this that a small change is just hard to pinpoint u just have to try and see for urself. for me no 4g dropping after update

5. airtioteclint

airtioteclint Android Expert
    None

Dec 15, 2011
    I already posted this in another thread but for me it definitely runs cooler. Like before I would feel the heat from the back while playing games all day long but it doesn't do that anymore. As for 4g dropping it still does. More or less I can't say because the factor could be in the network and not the update. I don't see why you wouldn't update because even if you don't hear any positives you haven't heard any negatives so why not.

6. ChiweN

ChiweN Android Expert
    None

Dec 5, 2011
    Network Administrator
    Detroit, Michigan
    If you have an issue with the pace the community runs then parhaps you should pony up and start doing stuff yourself and posting.

I'm not really directing this towards you, but in general. People always post in the various forums about their frustrations when it comes to member activity..not even thinking 'hey wait, I'm a part of that community too!'.

Unless you are part of the solution, you are part of the problem, at least when it comes to this topic. There would be new posts everyday.. if YOU posted everyday right?

7. akikhia

akikhia Android Expert
    None

Oct 24, 2011
    well put ^

8. brian1984

brian1984 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 5, 2012
    The only thing that improved in my phone is battery temperature... nothing else..
    battery life for my use is the same (im using JD), 4g drops as usual (specially when Im indoor places) and when EV signal bars still flicker.

Temperature dropped at least 10

9. CoCowheats

CoCowheats Newbie
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    You make valid points but know, I am not frustrated with the pace of the community. I'm merely frustrated at the open threads that lead to no conclusion on this from people who have updated....I'm just puzzled as I'd think that once a new update was released, people would be looking it over in every which way to see what it was actually for.

Maybe I should just post 3x a day every day:D...

10. tonylc74

tonylc74 Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 7, 2011
    Male
    i am a master operator of heavy equipment for wast
    nw.georgia
    My thoughts exactly, look guys this is one of the best places I've ever seen to interact with devs/and or other android enthusiast. You can't base anything on a persons pov about what works and doesn't work. You have to experiment and put you're findings out there for others to see, and lets face it even with the connect being android, its still a new device and you can't pigeonhole anything on a relatively new peice of hardware.

11. LGconnect

LGconnect Member
    None

Mar 10, 2012
    Michigan
    I contacted LG and ask them what was the update for. They said...

Please be advised that the update should have addressed:
    1.Voice dialing over Bluetooth
    2.Battery life

To contact LG:

GSFS=

Phone

800-793-8896 or 800-243-0000

12. CoCowheats

CoCowheats Newbie
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    Thanks! Maybe I'll call and double check....I plan on trying the update later tonight when I got time to re-root and debloatware again...

13. sakebu

sakebu Newbie
    None

Jun 3, 2012
    Last night, I checked my phone for the battery temperature and it was around 37C. Today, after the update, it is 34C. Those temperatures are both when it was charging.

I also NEVER get 4G in my room but after the update I DO! Perhaps this update is picking up signal better!

So as far as I know, the battery is cooler which will most likely give more battery life and the signal strength is improved.

14. akikhia

akikhia Android Expert
    None

Oct 24, 2011
    can someone with a zva provide us with a nandroid backup of it?

15. THE W

THE W Android Expert
    None

Mar 10, 2012
    Detroit
    were people who were rooted able to reroot after updating to ZVa?

16. ChiweN

ChiweN Android Expert
    None

Dec 5, 2011
    Network Administrator
    Detroit, Michigan
    Yes :)

17. X2Damon

X2Damon Lurker
    None

Aug 19, 2011
    College student
    New York
    For me my phone doesn't overheat as much, I have a has ha bit of falling asleep with my phone on the charger nd when id wake up my phone would be super hot but not really anymore after the update

18. droidinmiami

droidinmiami Newbie
    None

May 25, 2012
    Wow, interesting stuff.

I got my Connect about 3 weeks ago and it already came with the ZVA on it.

This is my first Android/smartphone and I thought this thing is getting massively hot but I guess it must have been worse before ZVA.

I can't complain about any other problems...