• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What does this mean?

Ubercharrge

Android Enthusiast
Aug 11, 2012
RK4onXP.png

"This plan is only available for devices purchased from Wal-Mart or devices activated on T-Mobile.com"
So, if i buy an unlocked Moto G from Motorola.com, i can get the plan from the T-Mobile prepaid activation page right? Just want to make sure.

Either you buy the phone and prepaid sim from Walmart or if you already have a phone then you have to activate it through Tmobile's site.

Uberchaarge, I have just ordered the Moto G and will be going with the $30 prepaid plan. I've already ordered a Free prepaid Sim from Tmobile. Now just waiting on the phone. I hope to have it by Wed.

Reactions: Ubercharrge
Upvote 0
When I went last week they said they don't offer it only walmart , I asked about buying a Sim card online and then getting the plan like that but they said it wouldn't work?
I'm not quite understanding what you are saying. I'm really not sure how it works through Walmart, but I've ordered a prepaid Sim (free) from tmobile. I've ordered a phone from Motorola, Moto G. Instructions are included with the Sim kit. The Sim & Activation card are included.

Upvote 0
The reason why it mentions walmart is because there are/were certain devices that came prepackaged with a sim card already signed up for that plan and were only available at walmart. Most people though just buy a prepaid sim card from wherever and just activate online. It takes all of 5 minutes tops. I activated it on my Nexus 4 a while back and have since transferred the sim to my Nexus 5 with no hiccups.

Reactions: Ubercharrge
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones