1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What dont you like about your G2?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by araxxis, Sep 25, 2014.

1. araxxis

araxxis Well-Known Member

So after researching phones for quite some time ive come to the conclusion that buying a used G2 is the best bang for my buck, but i come to ask what dont you like about your G2?

1. I keep hearing the interface feels "laggy" on g2 and g3, what is your experience with smoothness inside android? Can this be remedied by opening developer options and reducing/increasing interface delay times?
    2. If i get one that hasnt been updated to kit kat should i upgrade to it? (heard negative battery issues etc).
    3. From videos i have seen the screen gets quite dim at an angle, has this been an issue for you?
    4. I am really interested in flashing the g2 with g3 rom, have any of you done this and have you had any issues with functionality or bugs? Would love if anyone could post more info on this.
    5. Is the speaker decently loud? I listen to my phone in the shower and dont really care about how good the speaker sounds as long as its loud to hear it. If not i guess ill have to invest in a bluetooth speaker, so not a huge dealbreaker.

These are my questions, but if there is anything i missed that bothers you about your G2 id appreciate it :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. GoNe2heLL

GoNe2heLL Member

i hate the back buttons (i have vzw version) i think vzw really messed it up and because of the vzw screw up it turned me away from the "buttons on the back" type of phones. even with few gripes that i have i still like the phone and i'm really happy with it. i might get the G3 (sell the G2 and fork out some cash) but when i become eligible for the upgrade i think i might end up getting the note 4 because i'd like a bigger screen.

3. araxxis

araxxis Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. So speaker would be the largest gripe for you? Wish every manufacturer had HTC like speakers lol, but like i said above i can always get a bluetooth speaker for my bathroom. I have seen the verizon buttons are different than other carriers, i think ill try and find an AT&T model when i buy mine, i like the looks of them better. I do think i would like the G3 rom but it would annoy me to keep up on the updates and risk some functions of the phone not working.

I still have ~2 weeks to buy my phone so if anyone has anything more to add id appreciate it : ) BTW the other phone i am seriously considering is the Oneplus one.

4. Muckle Dabuckle

Muckle Dabuckle Well-Known Member

Hmmmm....I've never heard that. Speed was the deciding factor when I got my G2. I narrowed it down to a Nexus 5, Xperia Z1s, and G2. The battery was too small in the Nexus and then I agonized for over an hour at the T-Mobile store (I'm sure I annoyed the employees) between the Z1s and G2. I decided the speed was better than a higher mega-pixel camera. It was like night and day the interface speed between the G2 and every other flagship phone at the store (this was 7 months ago). Fastest interface I've every experienced on a phone. Once in a while the phone will kind of lock up on a app and you'll have to wait a few seconds for it to open, but I just reset the phone and it's fine again (this just started about 6 months in and a few months after the Kit Kat update). I don't consider this lag because it's not native to the out-of-the-box condition of the phone and it happens rarely.

I had battery issues at first, but now I seem to get the same battery life I did before the Kit Kat upgrade (for some reason after I erased the Google Keyboard app my battery life improved -- coincidence or the culprit I have no idea). Although I did get 55 hours off of one charge before the Kit Kat upgrade and haven't come close to that since. Yesterday I still had 31% battery 16 hours after unplugging it and during the day I surfed the Internet, used Twitter & Facebook, took a phone call, etc. But, I'm not really a power user.

I don't have that issue.

It's pretty much like every other flagship phone out there with a mono speaker (other than HTC Ones) and isn't spectacular. I stream sports talk radio when the Vikings lose each week and it sounds great though.

The only real concern I've had with my G2 after using it the last 7 months is that it can get really hot really fast (it may be the case I use -- the LG folio quick window thingy). The camera lens especially gets boiling hot.

5. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Keep in mind one other difference is the Verizon model has wireless charging whereas the AT&T model doesn't.
    I've completely gotten used to the back buttons and rarely ever use knock on.

6. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

The only thing I dislike about my G2 is,Screen freezes once and a while.And I have to press power button to turn screen off.Then press it again then I can continue what I was doing.
    Other than that,I'm happy with it.

7. geofizzated

geofizzated Lurker

It is my first Android. I finally abandoned BlackBerry.

I've had this phone for around 8 months now...
    Love almost everything about this phone. Especially photo quality, speed, etc.
    But issues I've had.in the last couple of months.
    1. Battery. Slow charging. Drains unbelievably quickly even when I've turned off almost everything and force stopped every app I can. I also did factory reset and it hasn't helped. Suspect will have to get it repaired maybe.
    Even at the start, my husband doesn't use his as much as me but he still has Facebook, data and WiFi and GPS always on with his Note 3 and same email app, Aquamail, but his battery lasts forever. I've never been able to have data, WiFi and GPS on, even at he beginning without noticing battery decrease fairly quickly.

2. Touch screen. Worked perfectly until very recently. Now I occasionally have a strip almost 1in from top that doesn't work. Especially on right side. Again, when I fly back home (I'm working abroad) I need someone to check it out.

3. 2G connectivity. I was working in the jungle where there was 2G. Everyone else had no issue connecting except me. It would connect for a up to 30 minutes, apparently randomly, then couldn't even see the network. I tried fiddling with all kinds of things. Nothing changed. I never knew when it would connect and sometimes only for 2 minutes sometimes for longer. Only my LG G2 had this problem.

LG G2 Forum

The LG G2 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews