• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WHAT!? Droid is so cheap now, and im jealous.

Grecho

Jan 25, 2010
Dirty D
This is Crazy Capture.JPG

I paid $169 back in the middle of November. So that's an extra $120 and I've had mine for 3-1/2 months already. Not to mention that my first one sucked and I had to replace it the very next day. I'm glad I was just able to stop by the Verizon store for an instant exchange, instead of dealing with an internet vendor.

So ... yea ... I'm cool with that. :cool:

Upvote 0
Well I cant speak for other internet vendors, but as far as Amazon is concerned, they're top notch in my opinion. I recently bought a Samsung Moment w/ Sprint service from them. After about a week, I came to the conclusion (for several reasons) that the moment wasent for me, so I requested a return. They emailed me a UPS label and within 24 hours of it being returned to their warehouse, my money was refunded. No muss no fuss!

Upvote 0
Went to verizon store friday and asked if they had buy 1 get one free. Yep sure did so I added 2 lines ( I'm doing my part coverting the wife and dad to the droid ) .

Verizon: That will be fourhundre....
wtf? I can go online and get two for 199....
Verizon : we don't match online pricing..
Tonight you do.

I then went to wallyworld and saw the droid was 118.

Great for those who waited but with the enjoyment over the last three months I don't mind.

Upvote 0
Went to verizon store friday and asked if they had buy 1 get one free. Yep sure did so I added 2 lines ( I'm doing my part coverting the wife and dad to the droid ) .

Verizon: That will be fourhundre....
wtf? I can go online and get two for 199....
Verizon : we don't match online pricing..
Tonight you do.

I then went to wallyworld and saw the droid was 118.

Great for those who waited but with the enjoyment over the last three months I don't mind.

Negativism, that is one spooky ass avatar! :(

Upvote 0
they always lower the price of their hottest phones when a new phone is coming out.

the devour is coming and nexus one and/or incredible
which is why both droids are dropping in price on various sites

they did the same thing with the blackberry storm when the storm 2 came out
samsung omnia when the omnia 2 came out

i always know when a new phone is coming to verizon because the prize of their "flagship device" will drop

Upvote 0
they always lower the price of their hottest phones when a new phone is coming out.

Well thats the thing, Verizon hasent lowered the cost. As far as I know, its still $199 @ verizon stores and the verizon website. its only the 3rd party vendors (like Amazon) that have slashed prices. Speaking for myself, the fact that amazon had this for $50 is what tipped the scales and got me off the fence to come over to Veriozn.

Upvote 0
Haha, I paid $300 + activation, etc. + 10% tax out the door at the Verizon store a few days after launch.:mad: A few weeks later, the $100 MIR card came though, but still. I guess that is what you get for early adopting. I remember my buddy with one of the very first Iphones paying something like $500 WITH a commitment to the plan!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones