• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What durable (light to heavy duty) case goes on and comes off easy?

A moderate case is the spigen cases.

I have both the Spigen Slim Armor and Neo Hybrid cases, and find Spigen to be the best combination of protection and style for me. Both go on and come off easily, and look great. Their only drawback is that the case thickness around the headphones plug is so thick that I've had to get a thinner 3.5mm extender plug to make sure my earphone connection is always good.

And add their GLAStR 9H tempered glass screen protector, if you use screen protectors.

Upvote 0
I'm sure there are threads out there for cases, but depends on how much protection you want. TPU cases are easy to remove but offer little protection.

A moderate case is the spigen cases.

Try amazon search and you find a case that fits your need. Good luck

There are plenty but none that answer this question. Leave it to me ask it lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: mchi5
Upvote 0
I have both the Spigen Slim Armor and Neo Hybrid cases, and find Spigen to be the best combination of protection and style for me. Both go on and come off easily, and look great. Their only drawback is that the case thickness around the headphones plug is so thick that I've had to get a thinner 3.5mm extender plug to make sure my earphone connection is always good.

And add their GLAStR 9H tempered glass screen protector, if you use screen protectors.

Is that an issue for a lot of the cases?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0
Is that an issue for a lot of the cases?
Thickness near the earphone jack hole? If a TPU case is going to protect the phone it has to be at least a few mm thick, and you don't want the hole in the case to be much larger than the hole in the phone, so that will prevent some thick plugs from sitting all the way down. And you can forget right-angle plugs altogether. But there are some pretty slim plugs out there for a couple of bucks, and a snip and a little soldering will put one on the end of your earphone cord. (I don't like the idea of an extender - it puts too much torsion (sidewards pressure) on the jack if you puch the plug to the side a little bit. (Basic physics 101 - the longer the distance from where the force is applied, the more pressure it creates. It's inch-pounds, that's inches times pounds, so the more inches [of length between where you're leaning against something with the top of the plug] the more force.)

My i-Blason case is thick enough to protect, it sticks out a good 1/16" past the glass, so if the phone falls flat, face down, on a flat surface, the case takes the shock, and it has a relatively large hole where the earphone jack is, so even my right-angle plug fits in with plenty of room to spare.

But it IS a PITA to get on and off, so I mainly just leave it on. (The holster is a handy feature too, if you want to wear it on your belt.)

Upvote 0
Thickness near the earphone jack hole? If a TPU case is going to protect the phone it has to be at least a few mm thick, and you don't want the hole in the case to be much larger than the hole in the phone, so that will prevent some thick plugs from sitting all the way down. And you can forget right-angle plugs altogether. But there are some pretty slim plugs out there for a couple of bucks, and a snip and a little soldering will put one on the end of your earphone cord. (I don't like the idea of an extender - it puts too much torsion (sidewards pressure) on the jack if you puch the plug to the side a little bit.

A legitimate concern, but so far I've had good luck with the extender I bought. Here's the link for anyone who has the same earphone plug seating problem, and wants to try it. Amazon.com: D & K Exclusives

Upvote 0
I've used the Incipio and Platinum cases, and been happy with both of them. Overall, I would say the Incipio case fits the bill both in durability and ease of removal. Just a word of warning, though, both cases have a large opening for the S pen, and mine has a wear spot on it from where it was left exposed to the inside of my pocket.

Upvote 0
I would try holding and seeing a UAG in person. I've heard it can be quite bulky

I used to have a Trident Cyclops case. Just took off the screen protector. It was an awesome case. Protected my note 3 from many drops on concrete by my kids.

Only reason I've switched cases because got the Anker extended battery, which necessitates a new case. Going to use the Seidio dilex extended case

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones