Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chrisdude70, Jun 15, 2012.
No. Not at all.
Use go SMS. Best third party SMS app out there and it has pop up messages. Just make sure you turn them on in settings. Pop up messages don't seem to work on the stock lock screen but I use widget locker and it works fine.
Wait, what? Where has this info been hiding? This is a major disappointment if true. The early reviews praised the excellent camera in the S3, and it was a big part of my decision to get the device.
Agree with this one. Came from a SE Vivaz
After using Handcent for several years I made the switch to GO SMS Pro several months ago.. and would NEVER go back!
Handcent got soooooo slow even when I only had a few thousand texts stored.
LOVE LOVE LOVE Go SMS Pro.
Everyone should check it out and give it a try.
Normally I'd agree but recently we've been seeing some Go apps containing AirPush which, in my book, is evil cubed. I'm hoping that this trend is not being continued by the developers.
I wouldnt get to worried based on one opinion. I have already had several instances where the S3 camera outperformed my 4S and I consider the 4S camera to be great. I think you will be more than pleased with the overall camera quality!!
I use ChompSMS and it works really well, tried Handcent first but didn't care for it.
not all international version gets sony sensor either.. only SGS3 produced till May has it.
they did same with SGS2 also. early produced SGS2 had sony sensors then they put samsung S5K3H2 sensor later.
its kinda like this, they show image sensor at MWC on Feb.. so they dont have much time to mass produce it to put it on their new device (like SGS2, SGS3 on June)
Thanks for the heads up on this. I have not had any issues with AirPush from Go SMS Pro or GO Launcher EX (two of my favorite apps). If I do, they will DEF be hearing from me.
I will continue to monitor with Lookout Ad Detector.
guys , i want ask , there's someone at here using s3 have this problem? there's sometimes slow / laggy at swipe lock ripple effect, the water ripple effect it's slow ... it's random occurred , there's someone have this problem and solution? Thanks ...
Does anyone know why in the world CNET's Galaxy S3 review points out a DIM screen on the GS3 when compared to other smart phones?
I compared my DINC2 to a friend's Galaxy S3 from Sprint - both on 100% brightness (and did not use the browser due to separate brightness controls in there) - and the GS3 screen looked gorgeous. I believe it was CNET that even commented that LCD screens are typically brighter than the Super AMOLED. Looks fine to me, and I am very anal about my screens.
Maybe CNET doesn't know about the separate brightness controls in the built in browser??
Bad things about S3/Android:
1) Gmail still has no setting to disable conversation mode (this really is a biggy for a lot of people - conversation mode is just cr*p because to end up missing important emails as google seem to like to hide them from you.)
2) The default sms app lights up the screen and displays the first line of your "private" sms to anyone who wants a look. Option needed to keep screen off and vibrate/sound notify/led flash only.
3) Default app needed to turn off the screen and or lock it - without the need to press the actual phone buttons.
1) do set up your Gmail on the alternative email app.
2) get gosms as the stock sms app Simply sux, go sms is do much better.
3) your kidding right? Unless I'm misunderstanding, you on about the screen time out settings? (options >. Settings > display > second on the list) And the delay when you can reactivate your screen once it has timed out. (options > settings > security > lock automatically)
The phone is nearly perfect, as far as I'm concerned. Nearly ... because there's one seriously annoying problem: you cannot move or install apps to the external SD. This is especially annoying if you use the phone to play games (which can be huge) and only have the 16GB model ...
1) Yeah but it doesn't seem to work as well - push message don't work always.
2) Tried gosms, didn't like it at all. I also this the stock sms app is fine apart from that small ommision.
3) You are misunderstanding. e.g. I've taken a call or sent a txt and now I want to pop the S3 into my pocket, so I need to turn the screen off immediately. The phone is a gui touchscreen but I can't touch the screen to switch it off. I'm now fiddling with the side for a tiny button. A simple icon on the main screen - one tap and the phone is off, quite simply as I have been on the very same screen txting.
I had a HTC desire on 2.3 before and there was a nice little app that did just this. They've changed the rules with 4.0 and I can't find one to do it now that works. The phones are basically little PC's, how many PC these days do you turn off with a button? They all turn off via the gui on the screen.
3) tap the power button on the side. That should do the trick. Just enable the "lock screen automatically" option in settings > security hope that helps.
Only problem with GOsms is that on my old phone it would send alien type writing to the receiver and they always asked WTF are you saying. Don't know if it was the service or the app but since then i stopped using since thats rather annoying. Only real beef with the phone is that when in a call i hear a beep like an incoming call but pull away and nothing. Need to figure that out and i'm satisfied with the camera. It's great all my friends love it even when taking pictures in the pitch black. Battery life is great esp since i play with it so much just learning more features it has. The speaker is loud but i have heard louder but have no issue with it. Plus if you wanted louder i would just use my go rock speaker. I think some people just thought so high of the phone that any little big will spark outrage. At the end of the day it's just a phone.
Load the dialer, goto options, call settings, call alert, call status tones and see if they are ticked, especially the minute minder option.
So far, all we hear is the propaganda about S3 being the best phone ever, but we can't really judge a book by its cover. I recently bought the S3 and as I discover more about my S3 daily, I also find out unacceptable flaws.
For me, the worst flaw in this phone would have to be the fact that I have to stick the phone near to my cheek in order to make myself heard by others in a call.
What are the worst flaws you've found?
I agree with the stock keyboard, i switched over to thumb keyboard (fully customizable) and no longer have this issue.
OP, remember as far as software on the phone is concerned, it was designed to be used as it is out of the box to be as easy as possible for the AVERAGE user. With that said it is an android powered smart phone so you can add launchers, keyboards, camera apps, sms apps, etc...to make the phone yours.
As far as hardware, it feels more sturdy than the LTEVO (I had one for a month then exchanged) with the ability to twist the phone because the aluminum rail were so thin. The Polycarbonate (treated plastic) body is slick and really can feel like soap sometimes, but i have it in case mostly so no issue there.
The screen is very bright and clear, just make sure you have power save options disabled and turn off auto brightness i find it to be not very responsive in changing light conditions.
but just like any other portable device there will always people the love all the features, and people that will refer to a feature as a problem...do some research and ask more questions, good luck and cheers.
...i love this phone btw
the new LTEVO has the same issue, but worse, it has internal storage (for app data), internal sd storage and THEN has the microsd storage. I wonder if this is going to be the norm going forward with the Android software/hardware model...
I am sure someone already answered this... but if you want iphone like messaging you should download handcent. You will like all it has to offer.
If you root, you can use titanium backup to force move apps to the sd card.
blue is very slippery i got my 32 tuesday i LOVE IT