• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what file are the video's kept in ??

It's best to create a folder on your microSD card and store videos in there. The regular video player on the phone scans the contents of the microSD card for videos, so you could just dump them anywhere, but putting them in a folder called "Videos" or whatever keeps things tidy. Also, some apps such as RockPlayer allow you to browse the microSD card looking for files, so if you keep all of your vids in a folder (with or without sub-folders) then it's easier to find them.

Upvote 0
There are a few apps that let you browse the contents of the microSD. I use this one: -

File Manager - Android app on AppBrain

You can delete files (be careful what you delete!), copy and paste and so on.

You can drag and drop music straight to the microSD when the phone is hooked up to the PC. I have a folder called MP3 and I put all of my albums and songs in there. The music app scans the microSD card and updates the list of music with the songs it finds. As long as your music is tagged properly, it works extremely well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones