1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What file is all my contacts are on?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Evo 5oh, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Evo 5oh

Evo 5oh Android Enthusiast

I have a lot of contacts most are double because google sucks on keeping contacts organize so I have to do it myself...I put a a name and the same person pop up 40 times emails numbers sometimes the wrong number

so my question what file and folder do i have to go so i can delete and organize contacts from my computer....Deleting one by one will take an eternity...

Im about to reset thats why i need to do this

also how can i delete those contacts from my google accounts?? everytime i delete a contact it syncs and puts it back...

Advertisement

2. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

May Help to turn sync off before you try to edit your contacts. You are probably getting duplicates because of different syncs. Facebook friends will also show up in contacts. You could go to Goggle. and clean up that account have it merge duplicates and all that fun stuff. then clean out the contacts on your phone

in contacts click menu delete button then you will have to tap the entries you wish to delete and then deleted them. This will be totally usless though if you dont manage your accounts and sync in Settings.

3. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

I would suggest deleting contacts on the computer side of things but using your phone should delete them as well. But I'm pretty once deleted while using your computer, they will be deleted

Tags: