1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What firmware do I have?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MYGuy, Apr 17, 2012.

1. MYGuy

MYGuy Lurker

So despite only reading up on rooting for about 2 days, I decided to take the plunge and root my phone. Now I don't even know what firmware I have, ICS or GB. :thinking:

For the sake of simplicity here's a summary:

1. Followed Scotty's guide (Worked great!)
    2. Installed CleanROM 4.3, had bootloop issues with gmail account.
    3. Tried to install leaked ICS ruu to fix issue (instead of GB patch, my mistake)
    4. Still had bootloop issues, so installed CleanRom for GB
    5. SD card wasn't being recognized, so used GB_SD_card_fix and now it works.

My firmware is probably ICS, but then I don't know why the bootloop issues continued. Then again, if I'm on GB firmware I shouldn't have needed the GB_SD_card_fix, right? Is there an easy way to check what I have?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. thornev

thornev Android Enthusiast

Settings > About phone > Software information > Software number. Given your explanation, should say "CleanROM <something>". CleanROM 1.x is Gingerbread; CleanROM 4.x is ICS. As far as firmware goes (CleanROM is a ROM, a system alteration, not firmware), on the same page, select "More", and it will list your Baseband version which is your radio, and Build number which is the Andriod OS version.

scotty85 and MYGuy like this.
  3. MYGuy

MYGuy Lurker

Thanks for the reply. My software number is CleanROM GBE 1.7.5. Does that mean my firmware is GB as well, not the leaked ICS?

4. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

well i assume that when you rooted you made a nandroid backup correct? If you did you could restore that and start over.

MYGuy likes this.
  5. MYGuy

MYGuy Lurker

Indeed I did. I guess I was simply under the assumption that even with a backup it wouldn't be possible to revert back. Unless I'm misunderstanding something, of course (which wouldn't surprise me).

I was a bit too hasty and replied before you had a chance to edit. Thanks for this. The build number is 2.01.605.11, which appears to be stock. I compared my phone to my friend's (which hasn't been tampered with at all), and everything is identical except CleanRom. Seems like I failed installing the leaked ruu somehow, much to my relief! :eek:

6. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

nandroids are software,radio and hboot are firmware. 2.01.605.11 is a software build number,and is the current GB build.

check your hboot version,and/or baseband. if you are on hboot 2.21.0000 or baseband 1.22.10.0310r,1.22.10.0308r then you ARE on the leak firmware. you can run gingerbread software with this formware,as has been said,by flashing a special patch. GB software and ICS firmware(and vice versa :eek:) are not naturally compatible.

if you do find yourself to be on ICS firmware,you ARE stuck with it,until the s-off tool is released,or until newer leaks surface.

while you can patch and run older software,you cannot downgrade firmware with s-on.

hope that made sense ;)

7. MYGuy

MYGuy Lurker

Fantastic post. I'm stunned by how much support this forum is willing to give to a newbie such as myself. Thank you. :eek:

My baseband is fine, but my hboot is unfortunately 2.21.0000. If only I read Scotty's posts about this sooner. Oh well, at least I have a definitive answer.

Thanks again.

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews