1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root What Freq are safe for overclocking?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kevindsclark, Sep 22, 2010.

1. kevindsclark

kevindsclark Newbie
    None

Jun 22, 2010
    Trying to find out what freq are safe for the Evo on overclocking. Any advice would be helpful.

Advertisement

2. theTrashcanMan

theTrashcanMan Well-Known Member
    None

May 3, 2010
    Downtown to hell
    The highest I was ever able to get and keep the phone stable was 119. I did once accidentally slide the bar all the way to the stops and the phone immediately froze, restarted, froze, and restarted until I pulled the battery and used a nandroid backup to get it back to normal. I'd be curious to see what the other answers are as I'm a noob and nowhere near as smart as some of the guys and girls on this forum. As a side note, what is the safest underclock you can go to. Can you go all the way to the stop or will that screw up the phone?
    BTW I dunno if it makes a difference but I was using fresh 3.2 with netarchy.

3. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!
    None

Jul 7, 2010
    every phone is slightly different. So YMMV. Your upper limit is where you don't get random reboots. Make sure to test something that's really CPU-intensive, like using the GPS for navigation.

4. tsipa

tsipa Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    NYC
    The lowest recommended underclock is 245Mhz but like Novox said, everyone's phone is different. For a lot of people dropping the frequency to 128Mhz causes the phone to lag and lock up. I am overclocking to 1.113Mhz on King's kernel, this is the highest I can go while keeping my phone stable. I think I was able to get to 1.19Mhz on Netarchy's kernel back when I was using the Fresh 0.3 ROM.

Tags: