• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What happened to Forum Tools?

When you load a brand new thread, there's green box in the top right corner that says 'new' or somesuch. When you load it again, that box is gone. I can only get that box to show in a really new thread, like yours was. I've tried older threads that I'm sure I never read before, but they show no such box.

found it:
new.PNG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You missed the point, what I want to do is MARK "THIS FORUM" READ

There isn't even a Forum Tools menu to MARK ALL FORUMS READ.

I am getting very aggravated at not being able to tell where I left off on reading thru individual forums.
When I have read thru the threads that interest me, I am done with that forum "for now" and need to Mark that forum as READ.... then the next time I bring that forum up, I will only see those that are new to me since my last visit.

Upvote 0
That sure is a convoluted way to finally arrive at a way to Mark All Forums read.
Lordy, why can't you just put that at the Main Top Level?

Why make it so hard and have to remember that you must go to New Posts first?
That simply is not good forum menu design.
On my forum, I made damn sure that is accessible from the main menu under Quick Forum Links

Upvote 0
That sure is a convoluted way to finally arrive at a way to Mark All Forums read.
Lordy, why can't you just put that at the Main Top Level?

Why make it so hard and have to remember that you must go to New Posts first?
That simply is not good forum menu design.
On my forum, I made damn sure that is accessible from the main menu under Quick Forum Links
This is on Phases list of fixes already. I'm sure we will see it soon enough.:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones