• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What happened to Google Nav?

JMac202

Android Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2010
I had a Version 2 Evo and exchanged it at BB for a new one (Version 3) that didnt have dust under the screen. Well now I no longer have Google Nav on my phone preinstalled. The one with the little blue compass arrow. I cant find it in the market place. Am I blind? I really liked that one the best.

Any ideas?

I'm not sure why it wasn't pre-installed, but you should still be able to get the to the Google Nav through Google Maps. This is the route I normally take since I use maps to find the location and then just use the navigation selection within maps. As long as you have Google Maps you should be good, just won't have a dedicated icon for it.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure why it wasn't pre-installed, but you should still be able to get the to the Google Nav through Google Maps. This is the route I normally take since I use maps to find the location and then just use the navigation selection within maps. As long as you have Google Maps you should be good, just won't have a dedicated icon for it.
That sucks. I really liked the dedicated one.

Upvote 0
You're all wrong... I had the same problem...here's what you do to get the blue icon back...

1. Update Google Maps
2. Turn phone off then turn it back on
3. Hold finger on home screen then look under "apps" for "Navigation." You'll see the icon with the blue arrow pointing up.

Done.
You're wrong. Post number 7 worked for me. So obviously he/she wasnt wrong.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones