• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What happened to metro Web browser?

MyUsernameRox

Android Enthusiast
Jan 5, 2012
San Luis Obispo, CA
I recently bought an HTC 626 s, and it comes preloaded with Metro web browser. However, anytime I try to open it, I get a prompt asking me if I want to open it with either Chrome browser, or Dolphin Browser, which are the other two browsers I have on my phone. I deleted Dolphin Browser and disabled Chrome browser to see if I would be able to use the Metro browser and prevent that prompt from being asked, but with those two browsers gone whenever I try to open Metro web it keeps crashing and saying "MetroWEB had stopped suddenly".

Does anyone know what the deal is? What is the point of even having a Metro web browser if it's not really functioning as such anymore and is just redirecting to a secondary browser?

Hmm, have you tried deleting the app's data and cache in the app settings menu? If so, maybe there's an update available for it in the playstore?

Can't clear data, it's greyed out. Clearing cache brings it to 12kb which is normal, but I noticed the total app size in my phone is 56kb, which is odd since on my prior phone (LG f60) it's about 10mb.

Upvote 0
Can't clear data, it's greyed out. Clearing cache brings it to 12kb which is normal, but I noticed the total app size in my phone is 56kb, which is odd since on my prior phone (LG f60) it's about 10mb.

Hmm, it looks like it might not have installed properly when you first turned on the device. The MetroWeb on my device(Kyocera Hydro Wave) is 3MB total and it's working fine. You might need to do a factory reset and see if it installs properly.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones