1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support What happened to Mobile View?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Blazin65, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Blazin65

Blazin65 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 3, 2011
    There used to be an option in the menu for Mobile View in my browser. I'm not sure if it was in the Stock Browser or Dolphin Browser. When I went to a page that wasn't mobile, I could go to the menu and I believe it said GMT Mobile View.

But this is not there anymore. Can anyone shed some light on this? Was it removed with an app update or what? Where is it now?

Advertisement

2. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar
    None

May 18, 2011
    Male
    production assistant (pa), graphic artist
    Magrathea
    It may only be available for pages with that option. Dolphin hd it's under settings user agent. The built in browser it's under more, settings, advanced settings, user agent.

3. Blazin65

None

Aug 3, 2011
    So I guess you mean go to User Agent and change it to "Android". But even with Andriod selected the weather page I was talking about and several other websites I was using mobile view for I cannot see them anymore. I know that some website mobile options, like Fox News for example. But I thought you could make any webpage be mobile view with that option I was talking about. At least I am 100% sure I was able to change a weather page to mobile view in settings and it worked. The webpage I am talking about is www.alabamawx.com

4. 350X

350X Android Expert
    None

opera mini was one that remakes every page into a mini mobile version. had that on my Loft.

5. Blazin65

None

Aug 3, 2011
    SOLVED: I figured out how to view this page the easiest way. I'm going to post the solution to this just in case anyone else looks for this answer about anything else. I realize many users of this forum probably knew this, but were unclear how to answer.

On the webpage that you cannot view because it is so small, scroll through the page and get the tool to pop up for minimizing or maximizing the view, the - or + tool. Use that tool to tap the + as much as you desire. With each tap the text of the page will modify to be viewable.

6. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar
    None

May 18, 2011
    Male
    production assistant (pa), graphic artist
    Magrathea
    Ok. I didn't realise you wanted to zoom and it auto resized when you zoomed. You can also do this by double tapping on the screen where you want it to auto zoom and resize and pinch zoom

7. Blazin65

None

Aug 3, 2011
    Yea, I didn't realize it would auto size a text page on zoom. I've used zoom for pics but never for a text web page like this. I don't use the phone that much, so I'm still learning something new all the time, even though I've had it 8 months.

Tags: