• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What happened to Mobile View?

Blazin65

Aug 3, 2011
There used to be an option in the menu for Mobile View in my browser. I'm not sure if it was in the Stock Browser or Dolphin Browser. When I went to a page that wasn't mobile, I could go to the menu and I believe it said GMT Mobile View.

But this is not there anymore. Can anyone shed some light on this? Was it removed with an app update or what? Where is it now?

So I guess you mean go to User Agent and change it to "Android". But even with Andriod selected the weather page I was talking about and several other websites I was using mobile view for I cannot see them anymore. I know that some website mobile options, like Fox News for example. But I thought you could make any webpage be mobile view with that option I was talking about. At least I am 100% sure I was able to change a weather page to mobile view in settings and it worked. The webpage I am talking about is www.alabamawx.com

Upvote 0
SOLVED: I figured out how to view this page the easiest way. I'm going to post the solution to this just in case anyone else looks for this answer about anything else. I realize many users of this forum probably knew this, but were unclear how to answer.

On the webpage that you cannot view because it is so small, scroll through the page and get the tool to pop up for minimizing or maximizing the view, the - or + tool. Use that tool to tap the + as much as you desire. With each tap the text of the page will modify to be viewable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones