1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What happened to QuickOffice?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Doit2it, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Doit2it

Doit2it Android Expert

I just noticed the QuickOffice app link is not in the App Drawer anymore. The app is still on the phone cause if I open a xls file within file manager, it opens under QuickOffice. Anyone else app link missing, or is it just me?

2. Rootko

Rootko Member

Same here, did you find it yet? I'm thinking about creating small app that will open it by calling it's Intent, if we do not find anything...

3. dimitri407

dimitri407 Well-Known Member

Mine is still there.

4. Rootko

Rootko Member

dimitri407: What kind of mobile device do you have? Which version of Android? Thanks

5. Doit2it

Doit2it Android Expert

Mine had disappeared when I made the original post back in August, but it returned with the 2.2 upgrade on the Droid X. Like I stated before, the app was always on the phone cause if I opened a xls file with any file manager and it would open with QuiceOffice. It just wasn't in the app drawer.
    After the 2.2 upgrade, it returned to the app drawer. The 1st time I went into it, it asked me to sign in using my gmail account ID (I think).

6. edgeman4

edgeman4 Member

Mine was never int he app drawer before the update (but it was there as I could open pdfs and stuff with it) but showed up in the app drawer as a full app (I can make new word and excel documents now) since the 2.2 update. Not sure what is happening with yours. You didn't accidentally remove it from the drawer with Launcher Pro or something similar did you?

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews