• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What happened to the Samsung Media Hub hyped up in September??!!!!

MediaHub is a movie/television a la carte service. Purchase or rent video content from all major studios and broadcasters at current prices seen in the electronic device ecosystem. One of the cool things I caught in their press releases is that you will be able to eventually buy once and watch on your Samsung Blu-Ray players, TV's, PCs, etc. They said buy once, watch on up to 5 devices!

Upvote 0
Ah...so any time in the next 2 - 4 months the way Verizon works. Other "Galaxy" phones got it before FroYo...so see, left out.

P.S. thanks for responding.
yes indeed, i have it on my vibrant. it has quite a few movies and tv shows which you can rent or buy. i don't know that i'll ever use it but it looks pretty well done and i imagine lots of people would find it handy. wasn't samsung supposed to have their own app store too?

Upvote 0
You can use this here:

Media hub APk. working - xda-developers

For general interest and poking around, It works just fine on my fascinate. I haven't bought or rented anything with it though.

You need wifi to watch the trailers ... and I haven't tried to buy anything from the app yet. As far as general interest and poking around, it's worked great for me.
Yeah that seemed to be the complaint on xda was that money transactions could not be processed. Or more accurately, anything purchased could not be viewed. So Im not sure how viable this is right now as is. But as long as you dont but anything like you said no harm no foul

Upvote 0
wow, i just watched some trailers on my vibrant....pretty impressive!!!! then again, avatar came with that phone and looks super!
you also have to use wi-fi to watch trailers on the vibrant, a bit odd considering tmo's 3g speeds. i haven't purchased anything so i don't know if it works or not but all in all, i'd have to say media hub is a pretty cool feature!!!

Upvote 0
wow, i just watched some trailers on my vibrant....pretty impressive!!!! then again, avatar came with that phone and looks super!
you also have to use wi-fi to watch trailers on the vibrant, a bit odd considering tmo's 3g speeds. i haven't purchased anything so i don't know if it works or not but all in all, i'd have to say media hub is a pretty cool feature!!!
Yeah I think it works OK on the Vibrant but running it on other Galaxy S's seems to have some issues with purchased content for some reason

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones