• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What happened to the word "I'll" in my predictive text list?

This is bugging the crap out of me. I even added I'll to my personal dictionary and merged it and still no I'll when I type "I" or Ill". It worked fine on my Thunderbolt. I used to be able to type ill and I'll showed as a choice, but no more.

So it obviously doesn't work adding it to my personal dictionary, any other suggestions?

Thanks.

This is bugging the crap out of me. I even added I'll to my personal dictionary and merged it and still no I'll when I type "I" or Ill". It worked fine on my Thunderbolt. I used to be able to type ill and I'll showed as a choice, but no more.

So it obviously doesn't work adding it to my personal dictionary, any other suggestions?

Thanks.
I'm really annoyed with this too!
I have an HTC One X and used to have "I'll" pop up all the time when texting. After the latest operating system update it's gone, and I'm stuck with "Ill".
I've complained to HTC about it, and they said they'll get on to Google.
What's the matter with people?
This is a ridiculous mistake!!
I too tried to add "I'll" to my personal dictionary - without success.
Come on Google, pull your finger out!

Upvote 0
I use the stock "phone keyboard" option, and the only way to get I'll to show up is to type I and then an apostrophe. It shows up in the options then. Dunno why it can't interpret Ill as possibly meaning I'll since it's such a common word.

But the stock predictive text is weird, anyway. I often find it putting 'b' instead of 'a' in sentences, totally at random. It just never seems to know what word I need.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones