• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what happens if I break my eris now?

joesym001

Lurker
Dec 11, 2009
say i accidentally break my eris and take it in to get a replacement (using verizon's phone insurance). i know i have to pay a fee for a new one, but if the phone is discontinued, how would they replace it. they'd probably replace them until stock runs out but what happens after that? i don't think i'd be able to get an incredible because then everyone's eris would just "break" and we'd all have to get a shiny, new (better) phone. anyone run into this yet?

Numerous people were doing this with Sprint when they released the Touch Pro. Suddenly everyone's Moguls were just 'breaking'. The Mogul had become discontinued, but due to the amount in stock, most people's were replaced with Refurbs. When those ran out, Touch Pros were issued out. I'm sure it would go something along those lines with this incident as well, and probably be the Incredible since that was HTC's next Verizon android phone. (right?)

Upvote 0
Or they will just send someone else's refurbishded that just had more problems than your original. Those people that receive multiple refurbished units...I wonder what the chances are that they ever get their old phone back as a refurb at some point. :rolleyes:

I'm taking good care of my phone for this exact reason. My phone works, so I don't wanna break it because there is a good chance that the refurb Eris or Incredible would have problems.

Upvote 0
A guy at work just told me yesterday he had recently replaced his LG Dare at a Verizon store. The Dare hasn't been sold at Verizon in nearly / over a year. There will almost always be refurbs out there.

Also, he said he's never had insurance, he just happen to get a CS rep that was nice enough to give him a working Dare for his failed one (he dropped it).

I myself never have that kind of luck. That's why I've had insurance on my last 2 phones, but have never had to file a claim. Doh'

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones