• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what happens to a droid after a 27 floor jump

ebolick

Lurker
May 19, 2010
So i was a in Vegas a few weeks ago, and i was showing my friend a video on my phone, so i gently tossed it to him. Well good old butterfingers missed it and went right out the window, 27 floors. After having security locate it i took it back to my room, and get this is actually turned on. ofcourse it was not usable but hey it did turn on.

The worst part is i thought i had insurance on it, but the jerk from verizon never added it. my fault for not double checking and my fault for throwing it so i can only blame myself. But hey that is a trip i will never forget.

Attachments

• RIP Droid.jpg
    RIP Droid.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 513
Can I ask the most obvious and important question?

What were you doing looking at your phone in Vegas? I can think of 500 things I'd be looking at before that

The video was of one of those 500 things. :eek: Remember, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, why do you thing the gods of Vegas pushed the phone out the window? ;)

Upvote 0
Yeah i was pretty scarred at first when it went out the window because we looked out the window and saw a bunch of people running, but then they were just running to a taxi lol. it landed on the 2nd floor ceiling that has the a/c units on it.

That's cool. And how old was your hotel that it still had windows you can open haha.

Fun fact of the day: Most vegas hotels do not have windows that can open because of the high suicide rate. :D

Upvote 0
it turned on like normal, and the touch screen would start to work but with all the cracks i was not able to unlock my screen. But the good thing is my sd card was in tack so when i got my new phone i slide it in and was good to go.

Damn! As far as non-screen-type hardware goes, it's good to know it can survive a 27-story drop and continue to boot into the OS like it did before. And yeah, I've heard stories of SD cards withstanding very high temperatures in building fires when the rest of the device it was in died. Solid state is the way of the future!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones