• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What happens to app purchases?

n0m0n

Nov 8, 2009
HERE
Hello,
With the pending OTA OS update around the corner how do I make sure that I don't loose my app purchases?

I am new to this Droid before I had a Blackberry and they had the DM as well as programs that let me backup my device to my PC.
Additionally you could just go back to the developer or Mobihand and re-download the purchase.
But I don't see anywhere like a web site where I can choose to re-download if I wipe my device.

I assume that when I re-flash the OS its going to wipe the Droid.

Can anyone advise so that I don't loose everything as to how its don't here in the land of Android?

Thanks

You shouldn't have a problem. The area in memory that holds the OS and and patches is a separate partition than where apps are stored.

Also, worst case scenario, your app download history is linked to your Google account (the one you entered or set up when first activating the phone). If your phone is wiped, stolen or replaced, upon reactivation you should be presented immediately with the option to download your apps. If not, you might have to go into the Market first, but your purchase history will be maintained.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones